Caliper Alignment on My Swingarm Conversion

muggzy

Another question re. converting my stock swingarm to a stocklength Lonestar swingarm with double-row round house style bearing carrier. I got the bearing carrier used and had brand new bearings and seals installed. After hanging the swingarm on the frame and trying to mount the brake caliper, I found that the caliper bracket is quite a bit thinner than the stock bracket. To get the caliper to sit where it belongs, I'm gonna have to fill the gap (see pic). I don't like the idea of stacking washers up. Any suggestions? Has anyone bought a carrier (new) that came with spacers? What brand is it?

CaliperMtgSpace.jpg

Another question re. converting my stock swingarm to a stocklength Lonestar swingarm with double-row round house style bearing carrier. I got the bearing carrier used and had brand new bearings and seals installed. After hanging the swingarm on the frame and trying to mount the brake caliper, I found that the caliper bracket is quite a bit thinner than the stock bracket. To get the caliper to sit where it belongs, I'm gonna have to fill the gap (see pic). I don't like the idea of stacking washers up. Any suggestions? Has anyone bought a carrier (new) that came with spacers? What brand is it?

CaliperMtgSpace.jpg

a caliper stay bracket comes with the spacers u need... u probably could find some at a hardware store...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BANSHEE-brake-caliper-bracket-kit-ROUND-HOUSING-/160680678694?pt=Motors_ATV_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item2569509526

that swingarm looks familliar..

you can buy the spacers from anyone that sells carriers. or make some most times i have to make them escpecially with used stuff the brake is removed they fall off and nobody cares. i zip tye them to the brake holder when i remove them/