Reeds broken

willaduncan

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I installed my new reeds today and at idle the left cylinder's exhaust doesnt feel like it has the same compression as the right judging by the exhaust pressure but last month when i checked the compression both were within 5 psi of each other and the were in the low 130's at WOT or any throttle level for that matter it feels more of the same, could my left cylinder be blown? I was planning on a fresh rebuild from fast later next year since i have no clue how the bike was ridden and now with this mysterious rock I guess I might be sending the jusgs in sooner than planned

Edited by willaduncan

Check your compression again. If you still dont feel like your gauge is right try another. if all else fails pop the head and look at it. pull the reeds out again and see if you can feel anything on the top of the piston. if all else fails pop the head and look at it

whats the best compression kit to buy mine was done by a local mechanic but im not paying to have it done again lol

honestly dude, you had a rock the size of a peanut lodged in your reed. i wonder how much shit was passed through it during that time. i would pull the head and quit wasting your time on other stuff. sounds like you got a gravel pit at the bottom of your crank

Edited by jasons

whats the best compression kit to buy mine was done by a local mechanic but im not paying to have it done again lol

Sreriously???????? I have no clue what you are asking?????????

im pulling the cylinders this week to send them into herr jugs racing for a full topend rebuild hardcore mx port while its off im gonna check the crank and all thanks for the help from everyone

since you are sending off to be ported, go ahead and have him delete the reeds too.