hey guys quick question!

hey guys i just got a 89 warrior for 100 bucks... the cylinder just needs to be put back on its got a full yoshi pipe and its at my michanics house....he knows more about the 4 strokes than me... it might need a crank but for what i paid with a tite cant beat it... now the question is my michanic has a gsxr 750 motor that has everything just needs a harness... id prob be putting maybe 300-350$ into the bike wit the new motor swap.... does anyone know if i should keep it wit the stock motor on there prob putting 100-150...lol let me know guys!

I put a katana 750 motor in a warrior. Fit was okay, and the choice to run an air cooled motor is obvious. Where will you put the radiator for the GSXR motor on the warrior? It was fun, but not what one would think.... it made a great top end screamer but the gearing was so tall combined with a fairly high powerband for a 4 stroke, don't expect to really have any fun until 30-40mph.

Dump the gixer motor in there and put a giant sprocket on the rear. Should help with the high gearing.

While that sounds good in theory, the sprocket I had gave me about 2 inches of ground clearance and the gearing was still very tall (and very close ratio...). The extra weight and awkwardness doesn't reallly make it a fun machine. When you do get upto speed the power is hard to control on a stock suspension. Its really not all that "awesome" as I anticipated. Maybe if I lived in the dunes where there was more space I would reconsider. Besides, the radiator is going to be touch to fit. You usually get more airflow on the road than you would off road. The air cooled motor I used got real hot.

For comparison, my 421 serval is worlds faster in anything I do (unless we did a pull starting at 60mph, then it would win). But with the banshee's shorter gearing and lighter weight it really is a lot better.

Lastly, I was told by a few guys that a YFM400 big bear rotating assembly and cylinder will swap over. If this is true, a ported head and a mild cam would make for a fun warrior.

oh yeah , that would be a tough beast to control on the trails. i only ride the oregon dunes. i have seen a lot of street bike powered quads. they rip out on the dunes, but thats the only place i would want to ride them.

i think an xs650 would be great in a newer quad frame(like and ltr, trx450r, or the yfz450), plus you dont have to worry about ground clearance in the dunes so much. the ones i see alot of the time are running really big 22"

paddles or 25" paddles.

if your zipping around in the woods or trails i would say keep the warrior motor, but if its for the dunes go with the gixxer.