Upgraded to 28mm PWK's

muggzy

Hey guys, I finally upgraded to 28mm PWKs so I can get rid of the stock Mikunis so now I need a starting point for my jetting..

Can anyone ballpark my jetting on the PWK28's? I have NO mains or Pilots right now and the needles are N68A. All I can find on the carbs says that the 'A' on the needles means they are the richest needles if that's even accurate.

Current jetting is in my sig. and I'm at 900ft.

Hey guys, I finally upgraded to 28mm PWKs so I can get rid of the stock Mikunis so now I need a starting point for my jetting..

Can anyone ballpark my jetting on the PWK28's? I have NO mains or Pilots right now and the needles are N68A. All I can find on the carbs says that the 'A' on the needles means they are the richest needles if that's even accurate.

Current jetting is in my sig. and I'm at 900ft.

If I was you I would buy a 45, 48, 50 pilot, and start with the 48. For the main I would buy the 145, and 2 sizes higher (I think 148/150?), and start with the 148 or 150. There is a chance that you may need a bit higher, say 152ish. Needle mid clip. 1.5 turns out.

• 4 months later...

If I was you I would buy a 45, 48, 50 pilot, and start with the 48. For the main I would buy the 145, and 2 sizes higher (I think 148/150?), and start with the 148 or 150. There is a chance that you may need a bit higher, say 152ish. Needle mid clip. 1.5 turns out.

to the top with this, i need some help too. im going to 28mm carbs from stock 26s. mods: pods, pc pipes, .020 over, trinity coolhead, 20cc domes, wiseco pistons, +4 timing, vf3 reeds, hinson dirt digger clutch, twist throttle. jetting currently in 340main, 35 pilot, air screw 2 turns out, clip is 2nd from bottom. help here guys?

By going to bigger carbs, what am i changing? I mean now i have 350 mains and ill drop 200 to a 140?

mikini jet sizing is different from keihin. the number for the keihin is the actual size of the hole in the jet while mikuni is based on the flow rate at a certain depression with a full moon on the longest day of the year or some shit.

I also run jjh needles with my r2's but the n68a needles work great with the t5's