Lonestar or JJ&A drag axle?

SuperMex

Looking to buy a new axle, lonestar and JJ&A are my choices so far I like that the JJ&A is adjustable. Does anyone know if the Lonestar drag axle is adjustable? and which one is better in your opinions i.e. quality, durability, etc...Thanks

the lonestar drag axle is adjustable. its about the equivalent length as jj&a's hill shooter axle

i have had both brands and i like the jj&a a lot more. the hubs on lonestar are splined and do not hold up as well as the keyway design on the jj&a.

the lonestar was a pain in the ass as the hubs were constantly comming loose after every pass (even with loctite on the bolts).

are you drag racing/ hill shooting or duning?

Its for a duner but I do hillshoot also and I came across a good deal on a lonestar drag setup with bearing carrier for $300 and its like brand new. Decisions, decisions....

the new lonestar axels have keyways and are gun drill, now and are soppused to be lighter than the jjna axels...if i was to get a new axel it would be one of the new lonestars

Its for a duner but I do hillshoot also and I came across a good deal on a lonestar drag setup with bearing carrier for $300 and its like brand new. Decisions, decisions....

you got a good deal on that setup. i would keep an eye on all the hubs and make sure they stay snug.

the lonestar i had was in fact lighter than my jj&a even with it being a solid axle and my jj&a being gun drilled.

not much of a difference though.

is the lonestar your looking at a "drag axle" or is it a steel axle.

the JJ+A axle for dragging is the ONLY one i would run. for average of 550 they cannot be beat. if lonestar has fixed their overpriced POS axle that would be nice but its still not worth 1000 bucks.

• 2 weeks later...

is the lonestar your looking at a "drag axle" or is it a steel axle.

the JJ+A axle for dragging is the ONLY one i would run. for average of 550 they cannot be beat. if lonestar has fixed their overpriced POS axle that would be nice but its still not worth 1000 bucks.

lonestar has a -keyed drag axel, you can get it gunned drill or not...........its lighter than a jjna and i think they look really good, my budddy just bought one for 500 new......

Edited by bada450r