Sept.....my last Silverlake trip of the season

I'm making my usual late September trip to Silverlake on Sept 23-24-25. My typical group will be going along with some fresh faces. Anyone intersted in joining in....if the weather is good? (I'll be up there even if it isn't....Rain or shine, I'll ride. I just might need the windbreaker. LOL)

NOTE: Great rates at the Sierra Sands - It's off peak pricing.

we're planning a trip on the 17th

Well crap! I've been wanting to ride with you for a while now.........but our trip is based on it being our Anniversary weekend. So I can't shift it.

I do count myself lucky to have a wife who not only loves to ride Banshee's, but also requests to make dune trips for our anniversary. :headbang: ( I don't know what any of you guys do for your anniversarys....but I think I'm getting off pretty easy.)LOL.

Back when we were dating, our anniversary of our first date was on Labor day weekend. So every year we would go to the NHRA U.S. NATIONALS in INDY for the full show. I think it was Wed thru Monday and ALWAYS 95+ degrees! But we tent camped right next to the track and she loved it. (The true gearhead girls are hard to find.) :notworthy:

On our August trip to Silverlake I finaly got her a ride in a V-8 sand rail. A 5 seater..."The Black Pearl"....we've got 3 kids....guess who just gave me the green light to start looking into sand rails! :dance:

• 2 weeks later...

So I'll have the place to myself? :unsure:

Guess I'll let the wife know that Saturday will be "Topless Rider Day" :clap:

So I'll have the place to myself? :unsure:

Guess I'll let the wife know that Saturday will be "Topless Rider Day" :clap:

well on that note, what dates were you going?!!! lol JK man that's cool that your wife likes to ride. I'm trying to convince mine to getting in to the sport. I told I would buy her a Honda 250ex when she graduates college nxt spring. Hope she takes me up on that deal :confused:

Edited by FullThrottle_06'

well on that note, what dates were you going?!!! lol JK man that's cool that your wife likes to ride. I'm trying to convince mine to getting in to the sport. I told I would buy her a Honda 250ex when she graduates college nxt spring. Hope she takes me up on that deal :confused:

Well start her off with something simple....have her just walk around topless for the weekend. Then if she does well at that you can start looking for a nice quad with blown out shocks for her to bounce around on for a season or two. :lol:

I've always wanted to go ride in Oklahoma....when's the Graduation? :drool: LOL.

Edited by WINDYCITYJOHN400

• 2 weeks later...

Truck is loaded. Rain or not.... we're going. (I guess I'll be king of the dunes by default. LOL)

5 Banshees coming with along with an RZR and a few 4x4 quads. You all enjoy the weekend at home.............I'll be the guy out riding with the wind breaker for a ride suit and a poncho that looks like a cape. :jesterlaugh:

Hard Core = Ride or GTFO ;)

Well the weather gods were in my favor....... No rain on the drive up...sunny riding both Friday and Saturday. Had the sweatshirt on in the morning, but took it off before getting out on the dunes. Just a tee under the jersey was all I needed for a perfect ride. Didn't get a drop of rain till the quads were loaded at the end of the day on Saturday. Rained while we got some good food at the Open Harth Grill. Then stopped just before we got back to the hotel and got in the Jacuzzi. :headbang:

I love it when a plan comes together. :lol: