Weird Power Lurtch

I was running sunoco 260gt 100oct. It said on the drum it was made to mix with any 2 stroke syn lube. I still had the same problems.

But I am going to run 91 pump with the next tank for sure, just to weed that out. I was only running the sunoco because I didnt want the ethonol crap, or fuel stabilizer crap in my tank. Cleaned it out 4 months ago and man......little gel bb's everywhere, so I wanted a cleaner fuel that stays good for years on end.

New double crimp msd gold connectors on, drove it up and down the street in 1st,2nd wot and no "lurtch", but I will take it out this weekend go thru the gears and run 91.

I am at 130 comp. 22cc domes.

UPDATE---

Took it out today. New ignition caps/terminals. 91 oct mixed with 40:1 klotz. Dual Pingel valve installed.

Holly crap it pulls crazy now! Does not have the "lurtch" 1-5th wot, but now 6th is the only gear still lurtching, but now at 3/4 - wot, vs just after half.

Seems now that I got the right fuel and electrical tight, might need to jet back up on the main.

Thanks AK.H. for the recommendation on the fuel change.

Bumped up to 148 main, take it out in a day or two and report back, any other suggestions by people that have had this issue, feel free to keep the comments/thoughts coming!

Edited by boise_banshee

i just now noticed that you are at stock compression.......... git that fuel out of there and put some 90-93oct in and git after it again. your motor can't really burn that much octane effectively, and i'm not sure your oil is compatible...

What he said. Al's advice on all his comments are spot on. Get some pump premium, new plugs (consider brand new stock yamaha plug wires), and I bet it will run better just getting the correct fuel in. You are close on jetting, and once you get the right gas in there, you might even end up going a little smaller, or just moving the needle down a notch (clip up equals needle down). 1 thru 3 gears aren't very good to find rough spots, since the gearing is keeping the load on the engine from building.