am i over carbed for my setup/ riding style?

Just as the title states, mods are in my signature. I ride fast paced woods/ xc style. I haven't been on a bike with pwk 28's or such on a setup like mine so I just used 35 air strikers. I mean this thing rips but I'm wandering how much grunt I'm losing with 35's. If its substantial I'd trade them to go down a little on carb size. I have my ltr 450 for the torque and I'm not asking for my banshee to perform like a 4 stroke. I just want to know if I'd be better off with 28's or 33's. Thanks.

Maybe try some OKO 30 mm carbs?? They're cheap enough, and you can get some of your money back out of them if you don't like them.

I thought I read a post about the OKO 30's having an issue with the fuel needle holes being so small that they limited fuel flow into the bowls..... :unsure: Not 100% sure, but thought I'd throw it out there. :shrugani:

I thought I read a post about the OKO 30's having an issue with the fuel needle holes being so small that they limited fuel flow into the bowls..... :unsure: Not 100% sure, but thought I'd throw it out there. :shrugani:

and the slides pealing and sticking, lots of problems on the blaster forum with them, but they are cheap so guys keep using them.

I would get a set of stock carbs bored out to 30mm

and the slides pealing and sticking, lots of problems on the blaster forum with them, but they are cheap so guys keep using them.

I would get a set of stock carbs bored out to 30mm

Stock carbs can not be bored to 30mm. 27.5 is about the most I would got to be safe. The carb bore wil exceed the diameter of the slide.

From what I read the Air Striker carbs atomized the fuel better than regular PWK's due to a higher velocity or something. Therefore I wouldn't be over carbing my bike. Basically I think the bike feels really strong. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing a lot of low to midrange power with say a pair of PWK 28's. If its nothing too noticeable I would just leave well enough alone.

going from pwk's to air strykers your not really going to notice much difference. they are sapposed to jet a lil easier from just off idle to less than 1/4 idle thats it

i know on my banshee i put pt around at about half throttle and ride either WFO or idle.. i have had both on similar motors and couldnt really tell the diff.

I think you said that very well. I was kind of thinking I might be a little more crisp on the bottom only to lose out on the mid to top with the over rev. I have them dialed in pretty close now. I'm just trying to perfect the jetting. I'm very pleased with them, I was just curious as to if a a smaller carb would have worked better. As for now I'm gonna keep them and get them perfect on jetting. Thanks for all the advice.

• 2 weeks later...

blubyyou what needle and jets are you running? i just bought a pair of 35mm air strikers and i think they came off a drag bike so i know i'm going to have to do some tuning....ty

i have had 40's run nice and clean on the bottom it seems to me not enought time is taken in the tunning of a carb before they are "given up on" OR the tunning is set to the rich side on the slow and needle adn that fuggs up the off idle throttle response.

spend the time to perfect the jetting you wont regret it.