+4 or +6 swingarm?

Glamis321

I'm looking to get an extended swingarm for a serval that I will be running in the dunes. I've read that a serval with a +4 can be a wheelie machine, so would a +6 be better? I'll be duning pretty much exclusively. Serval setup is going to be 33s with rockets, +4 timing and all the supporting mods.

I run a +2, but I'm far from a serval. Still, for duning...the shorter, the better. Swingers that are +6 blow blow for duning. Don't get me wrong, you can ride, but it's no where near as much fun as a with shorter swinger.

There is only 2 reasons for a longer swinger....launching while drag racing or doing hill climbs/tree shoots. The desire to improve the first 3 seconds of that type of riding negatively impacts all the hours of riding you aren't dropping the clutch from a dead stop.

Drifting, power sliding, and general turning/duning suffer with a longer swinger, but my experience is solely limited to riding at Glamis/Buttercup/Gordons. I've heard that different areas have different sand consistency and may require a different setup. I've ridden both a +4 and a +6 at Glamis and thought they were increasingly worse as the length increased. But then again, I'm a 95% duner, 5% dragger.

However, if/when I do a serval, I'm not gonna go longer than what I have now....+2 Lonestar.

I run a +2, but I'm far from a serval. Still, for duning...the shorter, the better. Swingers that are +6 blow blow for duning. Don't get me wrong, you can ride, but it's no where near as much fun as a with shorter swinger.

There is only 2 reasons for a longer swinger....launching while drag racing or doing hill climbs/tree shoots. The desire to improve the first 3 seconds of that type of riding negatively impacts all the hours of riding you aren't dropping the clutch from a dead stop.

Drifting, power sliding, and general turning/duning suffer with a longer swinger, but my experience is solely limited to riding at Glamis/Buttercup/Gordons. I've heard that different areas have different sand consistency and may require a different setup. I've ridden both a +4 and a +6 at Glamis and thought they were increasingly worse as the length increased. But then again, I'm a 95% duner, 5% dragger.

However, if/when I do a serval, I'm not gonna go longer than what I have now....+2 Lonestar.

Yea I pretty much only ride Glamis as well. I've ridden a +4 on a 250r 3 wheeler and that thing was a bitch to turn. I'll probably end up with a +4 and keep the psi higher in my tires so they spin a little easier and I can slide the back around.

I vote +6. That's the smallest arm I'll run on all my machines. I've got a +6 on a 370 long rod motor....so I'd say a Serval would want that at least.

I just put a +6 on my bike with the serval. I was running a +4 with my previous setup. I am going riding next weekend. I will see how big of a difference the 2 inches makes. Glamis will be a little different than where we ride up here in Oregon. We generally run them a little longer for the tree shots.