2006 Banshee - new, still in crate

BowenCT

I thought this was pretty cool, figured I'd share it here.

A guy on CL selling a 2006 Banshee, still in shipping crate! I think he's reaching for the stars with his asking price, but you never know.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/mcy/2160772116.html

3na3pe3o55Y15W35P2b1ecb18c33b359419cd.jpg

Here's a good question, for those who would buy it for the right price, what would you do with it??

Would you sit on it as it is, stuff it in the back of your garage and forget about it hoping it would appreciate in value? Would you ride it, but keep it stock? Would you carefully remove the factory parts, tastefully trick it out and ride it? Would you.......?? Let's hear it!

if it was closer to the 6k price new i would pick it up. maybe up to 7k

Here you go! Same seller; brand new, never ridden but out of crate, $7000.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/mcy/2160736473.html

3n03ka3pb5V25W15X5b1eb7f8ba2ea7a2194d.jpg

there was a local dealer that had an 04 never been off the show room floor he was asking 5600

How long ago was that? That seems a little more in line of where these bikes should be. I'm not sure being still in the crate, as cool as it is, should command a $2500 premium over the other one.

i would leave it in a crate in hopes that my child would ride a piece of history instead of a piece of shit lol

:headbang::cheers: I too would leave it in the crate. If I had the scratch, I buy that one tuck it away, surround it in moth balls and drape a sheet over it.

If I bought the yellow one, I would immediately remove stock items like wheels/tires, bars, exhaust, plastics/seat, etc.,....and box everthing up. I'd then replace everything with tasteful aftermarket parts. I would ride it, but ONLY clean riding like sand and frozen lakes. I'd keep it as mint as I could and know I could always return it to a very nice stock bike.

Edited by BowenCT

I'm with bonbon, nothing special if you ask me. If I were spending that kind of coin I'd just as soon buy an aftermarket frame and go from there.

Maybe if they stopped making them all together and you found a gem like this 20-30 years from now, that would be a sweet find.

I suppose that would be true if you are a collector. I guess if I had a million dollars I would buy it and stick it in a corner of the garage still in the crate. Then one day get it out, put it together, and do burnouts to break it in and blow the motor. Then proceed with the modding.

i would pay up to 5200, thats what they used to go for in the dealerships new.if you were lucky you could talk them down to 4600. thats what my brother paid out the door new. I would keep it in the crate till my son was older (4 last tuesday) and let him modd it and see what he comes up with. He already loves my banshee and tries to work on it with me.

What's the point of a completely stock banshee? If I'm looking for a Banshee, I want one with the most good aftermarket parts I can get. Who would ever pay top dollar for one that is still in the box? Once you ride it one time, it's the same as everybody else's machine....except now it's used and slow. A bone stock un-ridden banshee is about as usefull as a 17 year old virgin. It may be nice to look at and think about....but I wouldn't pay money to just have it to look at. Once you throw a leg over either and ride it....the novelty will wear off quick. Now you have a used toy (girl or machine) and all you want is more performance and an ever improving ride. :jesterlaugh:

He's got a bone stock machine sitting in a box. I'll give him $2,200, same as any other lame ass super clean stock bike in the paper. Guy most likely kept it in the crate because he didn't understand the directions on how to mix his fuel. :shootself:

If he parts it, I'll buy the frame with the title for $200, the kick starter for $25, and the cases for $150, fuel tank for $25.....and the brake calipers w/spindles for $50 each. That's about the only YAMAHA stuff left on my bike. B)

well when you buy somthing used you don't know how it been treated, if there are any stripped bolt or bolt holes, if any thing is bent even just a little. how its been ran, stored. your not paying for the banshee only your paying for peace of mind knowing its all new. plus no mismatching bolts. when i bought my banshee it had different size bolt on everything the kid before did, plus he didn't grease anything. i think 9500 is way to much, but it still wotrh about 5000. and what does it matter about if it comes with after market parts, i changed out almost every after market part that was on it anyways. only thing my bike has that it did when i bought it is the frame,plastics,carbs,cases, and eletical system.