lower rear shock barring

zach45

Step one: Remove the seals.

Step two: Press the heim towards the side that does not have the clip. (Use a press, or a socket and a hammer)

Step three: Remove the clip with snap ring pliers.

Step four: Reap the rewards.

In all seriousness, is it rusted or something? when you install it, do everything in reverse, except reap the rewards will be step 0.

You're just going to have to press it towards one side until one clip can be dug out, then once you press the heim out it will be easier to dig that other clip out. Once you have both of them out, though, use a brake cylinder hone and hone out the hole, or steel wool will work too.

If you have a vice, the easiest way to press that heim is to use a socket that fits inside the clip and clamp it in the vice.

Zach and I are having the same problems here with our shock, except mine is on the top shock bolt.

Dam clip will not come out, there are clips on both sides, Matt you are saying just pressing out the middle part to make more room in there to work??

Or am I loosing you somewhere? I worried about pressing and fucking up the groove where the clip sits, than having problems with the new bushing

Joe