jetting

bansheefun

I just bought a 01 banshee and i installed a cool head with 24cc domes which is about 120psi on the compression. I have cpi pipes and the air box lid is removed with a k&n air filter on it. As of now it has a 340 main jet and a 25 pilot jet. i believe the slide needle is an aftermarket and it is on the 2nd groove down from the top. i am going to go back to the stock slide needle as the ones that are in there are bent. I run this bike at sea level and about 4000 feet. I am looking to get an idea of what jets to run at these 2 altitudes and where should the clip be on the slide needle along with how many turns out on the air fuel mixture screw. i am currentlu 2 turns out. I also can not get the bike to idle and i have cleaned the carbs completely. Any info whould be great. Thanks in advance.

I just bought a 01 banshee and i installed a cool head with 24cc domes which is about 120psi on the compression. I have cpi pipes and the air box lid is removed with a k&n air filter on it. As of now it has a 340 main jet and a 25 pilot jet. i believe the slide needle is an aftermarket and it is on the 2nd groove down from the top. i am going to go back to the stock slide needle as the ones that are in there are bent. I run this bike at sea level and about 4000 feet. I am looking to get an idea of what jets to run at these 2 altitudes and where should the clip be on the slide needle along with how many turns out on the air fuel mixture screw. i am currentlu 2 turns out. I also can not get the bike to idle and i have cleaned the carbs completely. Any info whould be great. Thanks in advance.

Not 100% sure on sea level jetting. But at 4000FT I would start with a 260-270 mains, stock pilots, needles 2nd clip down from blunt end, air screws 1 1/2 out. Thats going to be more a summer time jetting here. Winter time bump the mains up one size or so as needed.

Not 100% sure on sea level jetting. But at 4000FT I would start with a 260-270 mains, stock pilots, needles 2nd clip down from blunt end, air screws 1 1/2 out. Thats going to be more a summer time jetting here. Winter time bump the mains up one size or so as needed.

[/quoteThanks as i will give that a try. i spoke with someone yesterday and i think they were backwards in what they told me or i just heard it wrong. i was told a 290 main at sea level and a 310 at 4000'. i think those need to flipped around and a 290 at 4000' and 310 at sea level. i was told to put the clip in the 3rd position down fron the top on stock needles and 4th on after market needles. Your jetts will give a good direction of where to go. thanks.