22" Haulers, Stock Swingarm, Propegs?

I recently aquired a set of 22x12x8 Skat Trak tripple buff 9 Paddles from a friend for cheap... I have a stock swinger with AC Propegs... Has anybody run this type set up before? I dont want to tear up the paddles if the tires balloon on a landing and hit the nerf bars. I am planning on a longer swingarm, but really want to try these things out at the dunes next week.

It looks like I have about 2" of clearance when its sitting on the ground.

I recently aquired a set of 22x12x8 Skat Trak tripple buff 9 Paddles from a friend for cheap... I have a stock swinger with AC Propegs... Has anybody run this type set up before? I dont want to tear up the paddles if the tires balloon on a landing and hit the nerf bars. I am planning on a longer swingarm, but really want to try these things out at the dunes next week.

It looks like I have about 2" of clearance when its sitting on the ground.

Perfect setup, I get huge air with that and no problem other than smashing face and pissing pants and asking what my name is after landing some late night jumps

Ok koo... I want to give them a try and see whats what, I have some 22" Dune Runners for the front so at least it will be level. I've been running 20x11x8 Sand Stars for over 5 seasons and like them. My bike handles great with that set up and has no problem sending the nose skyward. My bike has all the normal chit on it, Big Radiator, Ported, VF3, 19cc domes, 33PWKs, T-5s, alot of timing running 100 octane. It prolly makes 65 horse or so (runs right with my buddies bike that dynos 66-67)

This could be intresting :headbang:

Is it alot harder to get the bike pitched into a slide with these meats on there?

Ok koo... I want to give them a try and see whats what, I have some 22" Dune Runners for the front so at least it will be level. I've been running 20x11x8 Sand Stars for over 5 seasons and like them. My bike handles great with that set up and has no problem sending the nose skyward. My bike has all the normal chit on it, Big Radiator, Ported, VF3, 19cc domes, 33PWKs, T-5s, alot of timing running 100 octane. It prolly makes 65 horse or so (runs right with my buddies bike that dynos 66-67)

This could be intresting :headbang:

Is it alot harder to get the bike pitched into a slide with these meats on there?

'

You'll like them. They may take a little more to get them rolling but on top they rip really well. We have close to some of the same mods and I run 21x12-8 10paddle haulers and it rips hard. I'm slower off the line but its worth it IMHO....but everyone is different. :cheers:

If you are wanting to be able to pitch it into a slide, just make sure you take your old paddles with you. LOL Here is what is going to happen with a swinger that short and tires that hook that well. You lean into it hard stab the throttle and its going to start the slide and then all of a sudden the powerband hits the haulers hook and you are going to keep going in the direction you were headed only you will be looking at the clouds. I have the exact tires you do and they are great for soft sand and climibing out of idiot holes and what not, but slideable, they are not. I ran them on a +2 arm. I still use them from time to time depending on where i ride, but usually run my skat trak 21/12/8 EDGE for just general duning and screwing around.. If you like the way they run, but want to back the traction down just a hair try running more air.

thanks man good info... I have honestly never ran my bike with straight blades on it.. but have rode bikes with 20" haulers and you could get those sideways with some effort.

I might just take both in case Im not having any fun on em...

Worse comes to worse my LT80 has haulers on it too LOL

Any more confirmation on the tires clearing the Nerf Bars? These are the Pro peg with Heel Guards now too... Eman, yours have the heelguards right? Its pretty effin close and I know these things balloon.

Correction on the paddle info above, I was silly ass drunk when I posted this :cheers:

22x11x8 8 Paddle Superbuffs

Should I leave my gearing tall to tame it down a little?