race fuel is it needed? please help

lms1977

I'm sorry i'm sure this has been ask before I did search but did not come up with to much.

I just put my shee back together and checked my cr 180psi my concern is fuel what octane do I need?

I know pump gas wont work I picked up a 5 gallon can of klots fuel 113 octane (pump octane) (108 motor octane)

will mixing this with 93 pump gas be ok? here is a list of my mods

80 over mild trail port

2 into 1 dynoport pipe

2 into 1 35mm carb intake (trinity)

vitos cool head 18cc domes .055 squish clearence checked with soider

4 deg timing adv

prodesign foam filter open air box lid removed

elevation where we ride at the lowest point is 800 ft

and for what it is worth its around 35 to 55 degrees out this time of year (pa)

any help would be appreciated trying to ride tomorrow THANKS Mike

personally i would think you would be ok mixing it. but if you do mix it i would listen real close for detonation. i had 172lbs and mixed 50 50 with no problems. maybe you should mix like 75 25 to be safe and work your way down. i dont wanna steer you wrong tho and cause you problems. that is just what i would do. if you can afford it i would run straight race gas and have no worries. is there anywhere you can get race gas from a pump? i would think it would have to be cheaper than that 5 gallon bucket

you should be able to run 100ll avgas from the airport, its the cheapest route you can take im running 185psi runs fine on the avgas.

I agree with what Tshee said though i should have wrote that, i would start with a mixture over 100 octane if that runs fine try it on the 100ll.

Edited by TwistedSheeRida

you should be able to run 100ll avgas from the airport, its the cheapest route you can take im running 185psi runs fine on the avgas.

I agree with what Tshee said though i should have wrote that, i would start with a mixture over 100 octane if that runs fine try it on the 100ll.

I run the 100LL mixed 4 1/2 gallons to 1/2 gallon of 91 Pump... It should work fine for your set up. By mixing in a little 91 it helps to get complete burn and helps your gas milage. If you run straight 100LL your bike will spit ALOT of unused fuel until it warms up. It puts the octane in the mid-upper 90s

Thanks guys I mixed it at 60% race fuel and 40% pump and it ran great all day the price of race fuel sucks but that and the new cylinders I ported for trail riding with all the other mods I have for trail riding really paid off.