Tire and wheel fell off!

MacRacer1

this weekend i was at florence and i was riding my 4 mil up comp hill breaking in the new cylinders and the bike starts to flip out of know where i was like what the hell and stopped it but i turn around to see my tire rolling down the hill so my friend and i fixed it and put it back on the nut must have vibrated off and the cotter pin snapped i guess so for 4 miles we rode it back to camp no nut or cotter!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Losing a front tire on a three wheeler is worse!

Short of the story... buddy who has a reputation for abusing his toys let me ride a 200x 3 wheeler when I was younger. I was going through the woods and the tire rolled right under the frame. It pushed the frame up and launched me as if I was on a trampoline. lol

Haha I hate when that happens! Lol the weird thing is I don't abuse my bike...not sure why it happened!

this happened to me 2 years ago while riding out in the woods 100 miles from home

never happened before, or since

fucking castle nut sheared the cotter pin and back right wheel/tire/hub came off, i was in 2nd gear going through some puddles at the time luckily, just 5 mins prior we were flying down a dirt road in 6th

i had another castle nut and pin back at truck, but the fuckin axle sheared the valve stem in half flush with the wheel. no spare wheels/tires with me, day over. lesson learned, put the flat tire back on with the new nut, and rode 5+ miles back to the truck like that

realized afterwards, when putting it back together, that without an extension on my socket, i can get it tight, but then with a pipe on the handle, i can get it just tight enough for the next hole on the castle nut to line up with the hole in the axle , so basically it felt tight without an extension, but wasnt tight enough, could have been disastrous, ever since then i still worry about it and check every castle nut and cotter pin, and all the suspension bolts before riding

• 4 weeks later...

this happened to me 2 years ago while riding out in the woods 100 miles from home

never happened before, or since

fucking castle nut sheared the cotter pin and back right wheel/tire/hub came off, i was in 2nd gear going through some puddles at the time luckily, just 5 mins prior we were flying down a dirt road in 6th

i had another castle nut and pin back at truck, but the fuckin axle sheared the valve stem in half flush with the wheel. no spare wheels/tires with me, day over. lesson learned, put the flat tire back on with the new nut, and rode 5+ miles back to the truck like that

realized afterwards, when putting it back together, that without an extension on my socket, i can get it tight, but then with a pipe on the handle, i can get it just tight enough for the next hole on the castle nut to line up with the hole in the axle , so basically it felt tight without an extension, but wasnt tight enough, could have been disastrous, ever since then i still worry about it and check every castle nut and cotter pin, and all the suspension bolts before riding

i do the same thing bro, check all of them every time i ride because one time at a show my left rear tire passed me up in the air and when i landed it instantly shucked me over the handle bars. dislocated my shoulder and brok me ring finger. so yea i check mine every time!

• 5 months later...