Orings for Coolhead ?

rusty1100

Just got my motor put back together and it has been two years since I took it apart so I can't remember if the cool head needs the tin(or whatever its made out of) head gasket or if the O rings are the only thing sealing it off. The reason I ask is because I just used the O rings and 1 blew out of the side and let antifreeze in my cylinder. Next question is do I need to drain all fluids and start over again or did the fluid just stay on top of the piston and just need to drain the radiator fluid and dry out the cylinder?

Thanks for any answers. Ready to get back on the trails, after 2 years.

Rusty

Just got my motor put back together and it has been two years since I took it apart so I can't remember if the cool head needs the tin(or whatever its made out of) head gasket or if the O rings are the only thing sealing it off. The reason I ask is because I just used the O rings and 1 blew out of the side and let antifreeze in my cylinder. Next question is do I need to drain all fluids and start over again or did the fluid just stay on top of the piston and just need to drain the radiator fluid and dry out the cylinder?

Thanks for any answers. Ready to get back on the trails, after 2 years.

Rusty

Just the o-rings... Um, well, depending on how long it sat on top of the piston, you might need to just pull the jugs off and see if any made it past the rings.