UFC 117

theshee

I didn't watch the fight but I read the review on mmascraps.

They had Sonnen easily ahead in the first 4 rounds and claimed he was putting a beat down on Silva.

Do you guys that watched the fight concur?

I used to really like watching Hughes fight, but I think despite his win, he needs to retire.

He's boring as all hell to watch...

i concur, although a lot of the shots sonnen was hitting him with, were far from knockout punches, he definitly got some nice ones in, and some elbows,but they were all landing, and silva was pretty much a punching bag laying on his back for the first 4 rounds, sonnen even got the better of the standup ! you gotta watch it dude..

my friend told me hughes said that he was ready for another run for the title? lol.. i like the guy, hes a bad ass.. but come on.. enough is enough, too much young blood now, he needs to go back to his farm and ride his banshee, having said that.. what does that say for almeida, who basically got floored by a little jab, then power choked with all arms like no one has ever seen

I would say in his prime Hughes was tough to beat.

But the days of his wrestling and crucifix ground and pound domination are over.

The competition is just too good.

I admit I only looked for the Silva/Sonnen fight yesterday morning, so I'm sure it's out there now.

I watched a Dana interview, and he basically said if someone doesn't give an effort, I'll call them out...but if they fight like a champ and give the crowd/PPV buyers a good show, I'll be the first to commend them.

Say what you want about Dana, love him or hate him...but he's got this sport and the brand on top the mountain for a long time coming.

wasnt a triangle choke that he tapped on,, still bullshit though

i really thought chael had it... REMATCH !

did we watch the same fight? He won on a triangle.

http://www.mmanews.com/news/88503/page/7

I still say this is a discouraging setback for Anderson Silva. He showed his wrestling is weak, his stand up is not as amazing as people think (sonnen of all people dropped his twice), and he WOULD have been finished in that fight if Chael Sonnen didnt have pillow fists. If they give him Vitor Belfort next, he is going to have his hands full due to Vitor's patience and striking ability.

Why throw Hughes down for his age he kicked a.... Big Country sure has a good chin, and Silva looked out of it from the beginning.

I didn't throw Hughes down for his age.

He hasn't beaten an impressive opponent in a while, and his style is boring to watch and won't beat any of the top or near top fighters now a day.

They are too good for lay and pray that he works off of.

i just watched the fight and to tell you the truth i think if sonnen and silva had a rematch silva wuold win again. sonnen only hurt silva once and it was early on when you could tell silva wasnt taking the fight seriously. as soon as the second round started it was clear silva new sonnen wasnt gonna be an easy win. if silva were better prepared for sonnens takedowns i believe silva would have dominated that fight. dont get me wrong, i was rooting for sonnen to win, not because i like him or dislike silva but because i was tired of watching silva treat every fight as if it were a joke. hopefully this fight will be some sort of a wake up call for silva and he will return to his dominating exciting to watch self.