An inconvient truth; Trinity Racing..

I have a 421 cheetah and love it I have the standard one piece head on mine and havent had the first problem except for the pv's hanging up I was thinking the springs but you need to run full synthetic oil or I might just get block off's not sure yet.

I have rdz sb if pipes and 39pwks and the bike just plain rips

blowit what kind of springs did you make softer or stiffer

• 6 months later...

I heard you sent you motor back.....Has Harry called you yet? Is he doing anything to help you out? Tell him Nickisgod and windycityjohn said Hi. ;)

Remind him that even though you found pages of rants about this size motor....."They never have issues" :yank:

About 3 months ago I contacted dynatek to see if they could do anything to pull the timin gcurves out of my cdi. My base files had been erased when my computer crashed. The guy in the tech department informed me that they didn't have a program to pull curves back out. He said it wasn't fair to the big name builders like trinity who do hours of R&D work and make curves for the dyna. People could just pull the curves out and copy them. I started busting up laughing and told him in the ATV world, Trinity Racing was a joke and they built nothing but crap. He gasped and goes "Really?!?!?!?!?".

LOL, Trinity Blows!

the programable dyna ignition you can hook up to your comp with the cable adn the program then pull the curves off of it and compare them side byside to others also with the programing you can make about any curve you could ever want. most "custom" maps are done on a dyno to see what the motor likes..

the pv's will get sticky from time to time and have issue's i pull mine and clean them out from time to time.. i think i have a cheeta dome i can measure that came with the 485 originally. i can tell you it has a BIG wide bad and i know from experience that they like smaller squish bands. the smaller stroke seems to like around 9-11 width and a flat inner profile. with that style you can crank up the timing and get beast mode out of that motor. more timing ont he larger strke engines makes them run oh so not so well. but lil motors like 4's and 350's oh yea.

when the PV's are sticky the motors usually wont rev much over 9000 rpms or sometimes not even much at all i know when they are stuck when i ride the bike. it just wont rev at all back in the pits and about 30 mins later and i'm back in business i have had them stick 2 times on me over the last 3 years i have been playing with pv's.. you can even watch them on the dyno as they open up and there will be a lil blip in the curve. you can time this blip and the PV and adjust porting to make some serious power. the PV's can have a major effect on the motor who ever said they have to close at 188* and open at 198* and have a 198* total exhaust?? there is more to them than that.. i would love it if these PV's used a ratchet or knob like the rotax valves to help adjust tension.. maybe that could be a MULL project?? i'd like the pv top to be redesigned to be able to change spring tension on the fly.. then icould strap it ont he dyno and "tune" the pv's//

the programable dyna ignition you can hook up to your comp with the cable adn the program then pull the curves off of it and compare them side byside to others also with the programing you can make about any curve you could ever want. most "custom" maps are done on a dyno to see what the motor likes..

Cam, you can't pull a curve back out of the cdi and look at it after you put it in the cdi. you can only look at your base file that you save from making the curve. This is my experience + the engineers feedback at dyna from when I asked him. I have the cable and the program for programming the cdi, I also know how it works, and I make all my own curves for my cdi when we dyno test. If you lose your curve file that you custom made, your back to square one.

Yes Trinity was nice enough to reprogram my Dyna FS CDI with thier curves.....That way I can DETONATE on almost ALL the settings regardless of jetting. :shootself:<_<