Just bought Banshee... Too much oil in premix

Hi Ive been lurking around the forums for a while just reading.. now here's a question of my own:

I recently bought a 97 Banshee. The person I bought it from had it smoking like crazy. I figured I'd just drain it all out and do 32:1 klotz like the other 2 strokes in the garage. I drained the fuel, and reserve, and changed fuel filter. Still a little smoky but not near as bad. And smells good now :). But I've noticed oil on both rear exhaust cans and it almost looks like there is some goo on the choke knob where it slides in and out of the carbs. Is there any quick way to clear this stuff up? Or is it going to be a matter of taking everything apart and cleaning it individually? Will it hurt anything if i leave it? It runs okay, but excess oil everywhere can't be good right? And advice would be MUCHHH appreciated!

with oils lik klotz, 32:1 is too much...

check the bottle, itll say 50:1 ...but you can do 40:1 just for a lil extra...

i do 40:1 with amsoil interceptor

damn so I'm even mixing it too heavy... will this hurt anything if I STOP NOW and mix it 40:1 or less for the Banshee? Do I need to clean anything up as long as it runs good or just mix different from now on and things will be ok?

damn so I'm even mixing it too heavy... will this hurt anything if I STOP NOW and mix it 40:1 or less for the Banshee? Do I need to clean anything up as long as it runs good or just mix different from now on and things will be ok?

I also run 40:1-42:1. Make sure she is jetted right and change the plugs, NGK BR8es's. It will eventually burn out.

I also run 40:1-42:1. Make sure she is jetted right and change the plugs, NGK BR8es's. It will eventually burn out.

Okay, off to change plugs and do a remix of the premix! Or Probably just use what's in it now in something less important, and go for a fresh tank mixed right. Thanks for the replies! I should get some good riding in this weekend! :)

Okay, off to change plugs and do a remix of the premix! Or Probably just use what's in it now in something less important, and go for a fresh tank mixed right. Thanks for the replies! I should get some good riding in this weekend! :)

dont change the plugs yet, yours are B8ES's, not BR8ES's, 1987-1999 had B8ES's stock, and 2000-2006 had BR8ES's stock

so oil on the choke? is the connector tube for the exhaust all black too?

40:1 is great for koltz, ran in all our quads without a problem.

The connector is clean, and on there really good. When I pulled the choke out a few times I noticed there was enough oil around the knob itself for dust from the dirt road earlier to stick to it. <--- pro run-on sentence. Didn't know if that was normal or because there was just a god awful amount of oil being run through it. I drained the tank, swapped out fuel filter again, changed plugs, went 42:1 Klotz. Runs great, I just want to make sure if there was oil just hanging out in exhast chambers or something, that it would eventually clear up and if it would harm anything to let it be and ride the piss out of it this weekend. :bolt:

I have used Klotz R50 at 40:1 for 15 years and never had a problem, That is 1 pint or 16 ounces to 5 gallons of gas. If you buy the pint bottles it is an easy mix, if you buy it by the gallon jug and measure it yourself it costs about half as much. I usually buy a gallon to mix when at home and carry a couple of pints in the trailer in case I have to buy more gas on the road. As far as spark plugs I run BR8ES in all my Banshees and the Blaster, this include my 89, 2 97s and a 98 Blaster. I also sometimes supply plugs for my buddy's bikes which are 99 and 02. I use the BR8ES in all of them so that I only have to carry I type of plug. You can use the resistor plugs in any of them it won't hurt, but you might damage something electrical on the newer bikes if you use a nonresistor plug(so I have been told).

I have used Klotz R50 at 40:1 for 15 years and never had a problem, That is 1 pint or 16 ounces to 5 gallons of gas. If you buy the pint bottles it is an easy mix, if you buy it by the gallon jug and measure it yourself it costs about half as much. I usually buy a gallon to mix when at home and carry a couple of pints in the trailer in case I have to buy more gas on the road. As far as spark plugs I run BR8ES in all my Banshees and the Blaster, this include my 89, 2 97s and a 98 Blaster. I also sometimes supply plugs for my buddy's bikes which are 99 and 02. I use the BR8ES in all of them so that I only have to carry I type of plug. You can use the resistor plugs in any of them it won't hurt, but you might damage something electrical on the newer bikes if you use a nonresistor plug(so I have been told).

Thanks a ton! I'm gonna go ride for a while and see how it does :) Have a good weekend and I appreciate all the help! Klotz smells like.... something I wanna smell like by the time im done..