need help with setup fellas

like it says i need some help with settingup for dirt track racing. I did my first one last weekend and im hooked! On the advice of a fellow racer we strapped the front and rear down so that there was no suspension travel. i dont rmember what gearing i have at the moment and my itps rears are shaved every other row. i need some help with the following questions:

1. I can get a set of brand new maxxis flat track tires for 100 bucks that are medium compund? is this a good investment?

2. will running a wider tire on the outside rear but staying the same heigth help?

3. should i lower or use struts?

4. do i need any suspension travel?

5. on the front, what if i took my inside wheel spacer off and put it on the outside to make the outside wider?

6. what if i put a strut on the outside front and left the inside shock free to cycle?

i guess im looking at outlaw cars and the setup they got and trying to copy that. am i kicking myself in the ass doing that? the track the time i raced was perfect the first two heats but then it was so dry and rutted by the time the main came i couldnt slide throught the turn. the heats i always finsihed second(not bad for first time i thought) but when the main came i got third casue a damn 450 that had a full suspension setup would take me in the turns no matter which line i tried! i would easily get around him on the straights but the turns killed me! what yall think?

Dammit, i had a whole long ass explanation typed up, and my battary died. UGH

Simple version, you need suspension, and keep things even otherwise your handeling will be all jacked up.

Here is a pic on the brakes, the front end is down, back tires up, like this you can easy pitch it sideways before you think about hitting the throttle.

IMG_4888.jpg

Here on the gas, the front end up and the rear squatting and hooking up like a mo fo.

IMG_4878.jpg

This is how I like my setup. Everyone is different, Watch the "pro" class and use what they do for tires and some of the setup. Maby i will go back and answer all your questions again. just not going to do it again right now. sorry.