just got a new banshee

hello banshee owners im new to this and i just bought a 01 banshee 350 yesterday it is very clean it has fmf fatty series exhaust and k&n air filter boost bottle maybe a couple of others the guy wasnt sure what all was done to it but he swears up and down that he was clocked at 86mph i picked her up for 1700 and i just wanted to know was it a good deal and what are some things i should know about banshee's i previously owned a 300ex and this thing goes litteraly twice as fast but just let me know some opinions and i trail ride alot but i was thinking about doing some other things to it my budget is 1000$ i was thinking getting it ported and some vforce reeds but i also wanna make it wider im gonna put some pics up just let me know what you think and also my cousin has a yfz 450 with hmf exhaust and jet kit do you think i can give it a run for its money????

First thing you need to do is get rid of the boost bottle, the weight of it bouncing around will cause your intake boots to tear and it does nothing for performance.I would advance yor timing and eitheer cut and chamber your stock head od get a cool head with some 21cc or 20cc domes before you port it.You could also port the reed cages and put a set of Boyesen petals on it, or buy a set of V Force3 reed cages. You should also verify that the crankshaft has been trued and welded before you do any other hop ups. I have seen bikes with nothing more than a set of pipes grenade the crank.

First thing you need to do is get rid of the boost bottle, the weight of it bouncing around will cause your intake boots to tear and it does nothing for performance.I would advance yor timing and eitheer cut and chamber your stock head od get a cool head with some 21cc or 20cc domes before you port it.You could also port the reed cages and put a set of Boyesen petals on it, or buy a set of V Force3 reed cages. You should also verify that the crankshaft has been trued and welded before you do any other hop ups. I have seen bikes with nothing more than a set of pipes grenade the crank.

i have had a boost bottle but i never really NOTICED any difference. plus i had a bitch of a problem with my cables wearing through the bottle and leaking all over the place. i was so fucking pissed