NO SPARK?!?!?

I had the shee out on Saturday for about a 3 min trip up and down the road. Drove it to the back and it stalled as i came to a stop. Didni't think much of it at at the time. Changed out my plastics and added lights back onto the shee. Now i went to start it up about 2 hours later and it almost started on the first kick, but didn't and then would not do anything as i was kicking it. So i pulled the plugs and see that i had a little weak spark. I tried to spray some starting fluid in the carbs and it did nothing. No sputter or anything. Pulled the plugs again and now it doesn't look like i have spark at all. Anyone have any ideas at all? CDI or like coil pack (where the spark plug wires come from?). Thanks in advance!

First try a different spark plug. Then inspect your entire wire harness for any wires damaged or burned, especially around the air box/pipe area. Also check for anything unplugged. Then, break out the service manual and ohmmeter and check your stator like it says. Also, check your coil, but when you check the secondary resistance, put each of the meter wires on each 1 of the plug wires. DO NOT put 1 meter wire on a plug wire and the other meter wire on ground- that is how you check a single wire coil. Also, make sure the coil is bolted to bare metal on the frame. If all of this checks out, then bum a CDI box from somebody and see if that makes it run. All of this assumes that the TORS system has been removed from the bike. If it has not then the first thing you should do is unplug the black box under the left side of the fuel tank beside the coil. This will bypass it enough so that it will start, a proper removal will require a TORS Removal Kit and some work on your carbs. But if it is on there and screwed up it will prevent spark.

Thanks guys! No TORS for me and will do a OHM test this weekend. WAs just too frustrated with it to even mess with it more this weekend. I will post up when i find out more!! thanks a lot guys!

First try a different spark plug. Then inspect your entire wire harness for any wires damaged or burned, especially around the air box/pipe area. Also check for anything unplugged. Then, break out the service manual and ohmmeter and check your stator like it says. Also, check your coil, but when you check the secondary resistance, put each of the meter wires on each 1 of the plug wires. DO NOT put 1 meter wire on a plug wire and the other meter wire on ground- that is how you check a single wire coil. Also, make sure the coil is bolted to bare metal on the frame. If all of this checks out, then bum a CDI box from somebody and see if that makes it run. All of this assumes that the TORS system has been removed from the bike. If it has not then the first thing you should do is unplug the black box under the left side of the fuel tank beside the coil. This will bypass it enough so that it will start, a proper removal will require a TORS Removal Kit and some work on your carbs. But if it is on there and screwed up it will prevent spark.