FMF fatty pipes

damoz

i just had fmf fatty pipes and powercore 2 silencers put on my bike

do i need to change anything else apart from the mains jets???? and what mains jets should i put in????

any help would be great thanks:)

All depends on the temperature, altitude, let us know.. Any other mods?

ok i am running a open airbox now...the pipes did come with 260 main jets...should i put them in?

Open airbox w/ K&N needs a 290-300.

Closed airbox you can run the 260.

Do yourself a favor and go buy some more mains. I would just go ahead and buy 270s, 280s, 290s, 300s, 310s, and 320s to cover all riding temps. You will also need 27.5 and 30 pilots. 30s run better in cold weather (easier starting below 40 deg F).

Run needle in 4th or 5th clip without reeds, and 3rd or 4th clip with aftermarket reeds, depending on if it is summer or winter weather conditions, respectively.

I run 300s w/ 27.5 pilots at 70deg F (+/- 20degF) and 1200 ft. Mods are K&N, no lid, fattys, TC2s, and dual stage reeds.

i put the 260s in with no airbox lid and just a uni foam filter everything was fine down low first second third gear good as soon as you get into 4th and 5th gear and hav the throttle pinned it will be reving like crazy so you change gears and it "bogs" down??

took my bike out on the weekend with the 280 jets in it got back my radiator was full but my overflow tank was full when i left and empty after only 2 hours max of riding that would either mean leak in the hose or running to rich am i correct????

thanks Damien

took my bike out on the weekend with the 280 jets in it got back my radiator was full but my overflow tank was full when i left and empty after only 2 hours max of riding that would either mean leak in the hose or running to rich am i correct????

thanks Damien

What does the overflow bottle have to do with jetting? If anything, it has to do with the temp. My wife's bike with FMF Fattys and a Toomey 2 into 1 K&N style filter ran 290 mains, 27.5 pilots, stock needle with the clip in the middle and we are usually riding from sea level to 1000 feet. It was jetted as perfect as I could tell.