How Do You Tell How Long Rods Are?

rusty1100

Hey guys I need some help. I smoked one of my bearings on my 4mil crank a while back, and I dont know how to find out how long the rods are to buy a new one, i'm not sure if I need 110mm or 115mm rods. I dont know if you measure the length of the rod or from center hole to center hole. It was already in the bike when I bought it so I dont know anything about it. The only thing I have found is 29L on the rods and a P.C. on the crank and there is a spacer between the jusgs and the noss head. I was going to try to get someone to fix mine, but that ended up being a headache so I was going to try to buy a new one or a used one if I could find a good one. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

Rusty

20100116202943.th.jpg

20100116203319.th.jpg20100116203207.th.jpg

54mm stroke is stock,58 is a 4mil,my bad I thought you already new it was a 4mil just didnt know rod

Thanks for the help guys. Well im not totally sure that it is a 4mil, thats just what the guy I bought it from told me and I figured that it was true because of the spacer. But now I will definetly be able to find out so thankyou.

Thanks for the help guys. Well im not totally sure that it is a 4mil, thats just what the guy I bought it from told me and I figured that it was true because of the spacer. But now I will definetly be able to find out so thankyou.

haha, i supposedly bought a 4mil from a guy that told me what i had was a 4mil and it turned out to be stock stroke.

i was able to measure the piston travel from tdb to bdc before taking it out.

like someone already mentioned, measure center of main crank pin to center of rod pin.

29mm on 4mil and 27mm on stock stroke.