Dumb chrome question

Ederasu

yea it is very possible for chroming, but not recommended . The chrome plating acts as a barrier, trapping the heat inside, not allowing it to escape efficiently. Ive seen a couple people do it with bikes that have radiators and they seemed to last quite a while but never on an air-cooled bike :shootself:

Your going to be getting a whole mess of stuff from me soon! Cylinders,head,cases,JJ+A play axle,powervalves,carbs,wheels,etc. I might just drive it all up to ya'. Gonna' have to twist your arm for the "Big Batch" discount. Your work is MINT! :drool::notworthy: Judging from the perfect stator cover in your signature...I'd say, I might have you make me a mirror for my bathroom out of sheet aluminum. LOL.

I wanted to pollish my new cub's, but decided that maintaning the finnish was gonna be another pain in the ass! it allready takes to long to detail everything else! so i had them p/c'd xtreme chrome. they turned out really nice and actually look like pollished alluminum. wash and dry! :D

I wanted to pollish my new cub's, but decided that maintaning the finnish was gonna be another pain in the ass! it allready takes to long to detail everything else! so i had them p/c'd xtreme chrome. they turned out really nice and actually look like pollished alluminum. wash and dry! :D

First polish to mirror finish. Then clear ceramic coat. Never touch it again. No if won't hold heat in....that's why the waters IN the motor. Seals all the pores in the castings too.