pipe for RZ350 cylinder

Thewhite

actually, once you learn how to tune it right, you will be able to simply know where your jetting is at by sound and feel, and never have to pull the plugs. i baught my plugs over a year ago and still running them untill they wear out. the real question, is what pipe profile are you ported for? remember that the pv setup simply adds SOME lower rpm power to the true porting, and the pipe should fall within the poewr range of that porting. really, i am baffled on why so many go through the headache of drag porting an rz setup and making it work when an aftermarket pv setup can be had cheaper. and one other thing- the statement "2 strokes will never have the lowend of 4 strokes" is a falicy. they are simply built that way on the banshee and such because they can reliably handle the higher rpms because of the simplistic rotating assembly and lack of valvetrain. also, most 4stroke engines built to run power that high, adversely lack bottom end, just the same

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hé guy

For Your Information: the Paul Turner High Rev pipe wil not fit every time on the RZ350 cylinder if you instal the PV housing with cable (or if you run the PV with the controller).

The pipe just came from the powder coating shop, I install to the bike and realyse the fitting issue. For this summer, I will run the PV manually and will see this winter to modify the pipe.

I'm very disapointed about that: pipe are painted and not fit very well. I also had to grind some mounting and bent the tube a little bit to make those fit in. Not sure if it a quality issue for PT or just the RZ350 set-up.

I just start the engine yesturday with the power valve fully open manually and it's runing very well. The bottom end is not too bad for a exhaust port height of 26.5mm from the top. I haven't twisted the throttle to hard, but will see this week-end after the piston breaking.

Edited by Thewhite

• 2 months later...

I finally find the problem with my pipes: first I bought the PTR brand new and the tag plate mention High Rev 2003. This model will not fit for the RZBanshee conversion, the pipe won't clear the PV housing. From my try and mistake, the only Paul Tuner High Rev pipe that fit this set-up is the tag plate 1992. They look the same, but il you compare side by side they are not identical.

The projet was stalled during 3 month on that issue. I ran the banshee this summer with a manual power valve: I'm using a roll of sticky aluminium foil to block the rotation of the PV. I was on the point to modify my brand new pipe when I ordered I set of use the 1992 PTR on ebay.

Now I'm just waiting the end of the season to instal the PV servo, RZ350 stator + flywheel and the Zeeltronic CDI (was not required without the PV working). This engine rock as hell ... it rev and pull very hard when the PV is open and the engine run so good at lower RPM with the PV closed ...

For the comment about the low end torque of a banshee engine: my RZ350 set-up have more torque that my old trail ported cylinder with T5, 20cc dome, V-Force, +4 deg and oval bore keihin (28mm wide x 30 tall) ... any comments ...