Need some jetting help

2005SET

To start off, Hi, I'm pretty new to the forum. I joined a week or so ago when I found some pipes I wanted to buy from a member....So,

I have a 2005 Banshee SE. It has FMF Fatty Gold pipes up front, and PC2's in the back, and a K&N air filter with the "snorkle" removed. I have never jetted, or done anything else to the quad exept rout. maint.. I figure I need to rejet due to the mods. It starts up pretty easy and idles, after I adjusted the idle screws. If it is at and idle and I go to 100% throttle it will die. I have to ease into the throttle, not really slow, but I do have to ease it in. Also, the left cylinder seems to not fire unless i'm giving 1/3 < throttle or have the choke at the first position. I'm not sure if that is related to jetting, or if there is another problem. The spark plugs seem to be wet and black and not have many lean characteristics. Soo, what do you guys think about jetting? Keep in mind I know NOTHING about jetting. Also, anyone know of a good jet kit for a good price?

Thanks,

Cory

What jets are in there now?

What is your elevation?

What temps are you running in?

Do you have to Tors still on?

Read this from top to bottom.

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html

As for a rec on your jetting. I would stay with the stock 25 pilot and move the jetting to around 220-230 for starters and the needle on the 3rd clip.

Report back when you have the ?'s answered so everyone else can help you as well

What jets are in there now?

What is your elevation?

What temps are you running in?

Do you have to Tors still on?

Read this from top to bottom.

http://www.dfn.com/benkaren/jetfaq.html

As for a rec on your jetting. I would stay with the stock 25 pilot and move the jetting to around 220-230 for starters and the needle on the 3rd clip.

Report back when you have the ?'s answered so everyone else can help you as well

since he did the mods and he stated that those were all he did i assume everything else is stock. just adding pipes and removing the snorkle your mains should be 280-310 3rd clip on the needle is stock pilot should be stock and start your airscrew 1.5 and go from there. agian if your temp is cooler and elevation is higher it will need to be adjusted a lil more. READ the WHOLE article on jetting and you figure it out

since he did the mods and he stated that those were all he did i assume everything else is stock. just adding pipes and removing the snorkle your mains should be 280-310 3rd clip on the needle is stock pilot should be stock and start your airscrew 1.5 and go from there. agian if your temp is cooler and elevation is higher it will need to be adjusted a lil more. READ the WHOLE article on jetting and you figure it out

If he just removed the snorkle and not the lid. 280-310 will be way way to rich!!! But if he removes the lid then he should be in the area of around 290 +/- for air temp and elevation.

Like paddleboy said, everything is stock, stock jetting....

Elevation is just under 1000ft.

Current temps are cold as sh*t...High for tomorrow is 5, but this is unusual. Winter avg low 30's.

I haven't done anything with TORS.

I can take off the lid also if it will increase power a bit :headbang: but as of now it's still on.

I'm going to have to figure out how to adjust the needle...

Like paddleboy said, everything is stock, stock jetting....

Elevation is just under 1000ft.

Current temps are cold as sh*t...High for tomorrow is 5, but this is unusual. Winter avg low 30's.

I haven't done anything with TORS.

I can take off the lid also if it will increase power a bit :headbang: but as of now it's still on.

I'm going to have to figure out how to adjust the needle...

Ok, It seems from that write up that you guys sent me to read, I should go up to a 340 on mains? 8 for exhaust, 4 for k&n and 2 for snorkle/lid....and adjust the needle?

I would say to start around 270 with the lid on. and those temps. If you take the lid off, the banshee is a new machine. 310 with out the lid for starting. So you will need to decide if your wanting to run with the lid on or off. You can also drill 6-8, 1inch holes in the top of the lid to help bring more air in. I would leave the stock pilot and work with the main right now. And put the needle on the 3rd clip just off starters.

When I had your exact setup at 20 - 30 degrees, I was running the stock pilot and 280 mains in the winter. Needle clip in the center position, and air screw 1 1/2 turns out. I would drop the mains to 270 in the spring and fall and run 260's in the summer. Ran great for me and I was at about 900 - 1100 ft also.

When I had your exact setup at 20 - 30 degrees, I was running the stock pilot and 280 mains in the winter. Needle clip in the center position, and air screw 1 1/2 turns out. I would drop the mains to 270 in the spring and fall and run 260's in the summer. Ran great for me and I was at about 900 - 1100 ft also.

I got some 310's today. I'll put them in saturday, and take the lid off. If they run to rich, the store isn't to far away and they carry an ass ton of jets.