My build is complete

Well I started off with a complete banshee a little over a month ago. I bought a new frame and had it powdercoated along with the nerfbars, bumper, grab bar, footpegs and rear brake lever. While all of that stuff was at the powdercoater, I sanded all my plastics and painted them and prepped for the upcoming task of building a new bike. Once I got all of the stuff back from powdercoat, it only took 2 weeks to build it completley. When I say it took 2 weeks, that is NOT a consistent working on it everyday. I prolly worked on it 3 full days and the rest of the time was a few hrs here and there. I would say the hardest part of the build was unplugging the CDI box lol! Unplugging that and the other electrical components was a B*$ch. Mine had not been unplugged in quite sometime and had gotten sand and dirt in em making it difficult to unplug. I had zero experience building bikes prior to now. All I had was a yamaha manual and basic hand tools and did it. The yamaha manual is a lifesaver. If anyone does not have one, get one. It seems like a dumb investment, but is very thorough and helpful. Im attaching several photos of the before and after pics. When I first bought the quad it had blaster shocks and a severely bent frame and 60 psi in each cylinder. the only thing I did not rebuild or replace were the carrier bearings in the axle. Everything else is either new or has been rebuilt. The pic in this post is what I started with. I am trying to add pics of what it looks like now.

banshee.jpg

Well I started off with a complete banshee a little over a month ago. I bought a new frame and had it powdercoated along with the nerfbars, bumper, grab bar, footpegs and rear brake lever. While all of that stuff was at the powdercoater, I sanded all my plastics and painted them and prepped for the upcoming task of building a new bike. Once I got all of the stuff back from powdercoat, it only took 2 weeks to build it completley. When I say it took 2 weeks, that is NOT a consistent working on it everyday. I prolly worked on it 3 full days and the rest of the time was a few hrs here and there. I would say the hardest part of the build was unplugging the CDI box lol! Unplugging that and the other electrical components was a B*$ch. Mine had not been unplugged in quite sometime and had gotten sand and dirt in em making it difficult to unplug. I had zero experience building bikes prior to now. All I had was a yamaha manual and basic hand tools and did it. The yamaha manual is a lifesaver. If anyone does not have one, get one. It seems like a dumb investment, but is very thorough and helpful. Im attaching several photos of the before and after pics. When I first bought the quad it had blaster shocks and a severely bent frame and 60 psi in each cylinder. the only thing I did not rebuild or replace were the carrier bearings in the axle. Everything else is either new or has been rebuilt. The pic in this post is what I started with. I am trying to add pics of what it looks like now.

THis is what it looks like as of now after completley rebuilt

banshee complete1.jpg

banshee complete 2.jpg

looks good man! that is the similar kind of look I'm going for on my build except everything will be a flat or matt black....Even the rims. IT would look bad ass with black rims!

Drew, funny how u mentioned that. I have another set of rims I bought going to my powdercoater this week to get coated black. Thanks for the kind words bud! I'm not to thrilled about my seat on it right now. I think an all black seat would look better.

Sweet Build now you just need to chop the ears

Thanks everyone! Like I said in my first post, I had zero knowledge of building a banshee until I just dove into it and started reading the yamaha manual. It was relatively easy actually. 2 stroke motors are very simple. Its older technology and hasn't changed very much since the first banshee was built. I am def gonna take off my water pump cover this weekend and put some paint on it. That looks good I think. I got the itch to build another one now! I would like to find one with a bad crank or transmission to actually split the cases and look inside the engine.

Badass!! Any motor mods?

Yeah I have a few motor mods and they are as follows:

Ported Cylinders (BIG ports with boost ports)

Milled Head

V-3 reeds

+4 advanced timing

I haven't done anything too radical with it. It made 68 hp on the dyno after I put the new cylinders on it. When I first got the quad, I rode it down my street and back and by the time I got back to my house I had burned it up. The jetting was waaaay off and ran it lean and got too hot. It has def. been a bastard child thus far. The only thing that hasn't been replaced basically is the transmission and crank. They are in excellent shape actually. It has 370 main jets in it now. I'm curious as to if I should blend some 110 octane with my 91 octane??? I heard and its just here say, but if you blend some race fuel with the regualr 91 octane, its better on your engine and makes the motor last longer????? I have no idea if that is true or not, but figured I would ask. Thank you for the kind words guys! Cam, I love them pipes!!! I don't care if its doggy on the bottom end, they look good and I can run the 4 strokes down in the top end lol!