tranny issues

Ok so a while back i stripped several gears in the tranny. I replaced all gears and the gear shafts and put the modded shift star on the drum as well. Got it back together and everthing ran gine but i did not have sixth gear. when you would shift into sixth it was like you went to neutral. There was no grinding or anything like a missed shift jsut like it went into neutral. Not wanting to rebuild again right away i ran it like it was until a few weeks ago and now i have replaced the shift forks, shift shafts, and shift drums. I know have the issue of the tranny locking up and not wanting to spin at all when i put it into second gear. I was smart engouh to check this all out before i mounted the engine back in the frame! with the top case off i noticed that when in second and spinning the pto by hand that the two gear sets want to lift up out of the case. when i out the top case back on you can not turn the pto at all. visual inspection of the gears themselves does not produce any irregularities. Any ideas? Any more information needed to help me diagnose?

I dont beleive so. I know that the one on the single side (on the cylinder side of the tranny is in there correct) and the forks on the double side both had the same part number so i dont beleive i could have put them in there wrong.

the (2) forks that ride on the same shaft are different.

its been a while since i have been inside a banshee trans, i remember there being (2) of the same size fork and i think a smaller one. one big fork rides by itself in front and one rides on the other shaft along with the smaller fork.