Little help on race fuel

Invader

Having a little detonation problem. So i have come to the conclusion that i should change my domes or run a mixture of race and pump fuel. I love how it runs so i'm leaning toward race fuel. Any brands that you guys could point me to would be great. I went on the the VP site and they have quite a few types. Stock engine, T6's, 2 into 1 w 35PWK, Trinity coolhead w/ 20's. Elevation is right around 1000'. thanks!!

If you decide to get some I would personally recommend Sunoco or Cam2 race fuels but VP is good as is Torco. You dont need any exotic flavor, just a 98-110 depending on if your going to blend with pump gas.

Probably going to blend. I'll look at those other types. thanks

You know, I had the same issue. Thought I was building a "pump gas" engine. 27cc domes on a 535......165psi cranking pressure.

Nope, would detonate no matter what timing I uses. 93 octane and stock advance timing it still detonated... I use 110 sunoco...stores in the tak real well for long periods, does not effect carb floats etc. Im sure I could mix 50/50 but for how much I use it the race gas is fne. Loves the gas thats for sure. I run +4 timing with the race gas. Does trinity make domes larger than 27CC? At what point will I not need race gas??? 150PSI cold cranking???

you should try mixing to lower octane. there really is a seat-of-the pants difference you can feel when running @ minimum octane. when i switched to using avgas, i decided to run strait100ll. it wasn't running bad or anything, but it really woke up once i refilled with 50/50 mix of 90&100ll

Having a little detonation problem. So i have come to the conclusion that i should change my domes or run a mixture of race and pump fuel. I love how it runs so i'm leaning toward race fuel. Any brands that you guys could point me to would be great. I went on the the VP site and they have quite a few types. Stock engine, T6's, 2 into 1 w 35PWK, Trinity coolhead w/ 20's. Elevation is right around 1000'. thanks!!

What your jeting at right now. I dont see why your setup shouldn't be on premium fuel.

If your gonna mix here a good website. Octane Calculator

I would go 3 gallons of Sunoco 110 with 2 gals of premium. Or if you want the best run VP C12 IMO. You will want to stay on the side of more octane rather then not enough as detonation will destroy a motor.

oh, yah, you're right, beacause i had such a problem running less than 100oct. with the same setup............wait, that wasn't me....that's right, i ran 20cc's on 90. provided that you're not running lean, you can run small as 19's on 93. running 95oct is my safe side, since it's easy for me to just mix 50/50. you can go higher if you want, but you will loose power. also, what is your squish? that can make a difference on deto, too