Removing the Airbox

chitt21

I would man but I think after hearing its better to have it when you run in wet conditions, that I'm going to keep it on.

The stock airbox is better for wet conditions but the stock air box is bad for not getting the filter to seal to it properly because the lid is what holds the filter in place and it may not locate it in properly when you put it on. The solution for this is the Pro Design Pro Flow adapter or one of the copycats of this product. Install it ,clamp the filter to it, modify the lid per the instructions and your set. Then when it is dry out you can remove the lid for more power, K&N or Outerwears also makes a cover for the airbox that replaces the lid and it is supposed to be waterproof so the filter is protected from splashes-if you are crossing creeks or ponds and the water gets over the airbox you will still drowned out, but you would anyway. If your riding has only shallow water crossings, I would use the airbox with no lid , The Pro Design adapter, the Outerwears lid replacement and a GOOD FILTER for your type of riding conditions and you should be set, with decent power.

The stock airbox is better for wet conditions but the stock air box is bad for not getting the filter to seal to it properly because the lid is what holds the filter in place and it may not locate it in properly when you put it on. The solution for this is the Pro Design Pro Flow adapter or one of the copycats of this product. Install it ,clamp the filter to it, modify the lid per the instructions and your set. Then when it is dry out you can remove the lid for more power, K&N or Outerwears also makes a cover for the airbox that replaces the lid and it is supposed to be waterproof so the filter is protected from splashes-if you are crossing creeks or ponds and the water gets over the airbox you will still drowned out, but you would anyway. If your riding has only shallow water crossings, I would use the airbox with no lid , The Pro Design adapter, the Outerwears lid replacement and a GOOD FILTER for your type of riding conditions and you should be set, with decent power.

Thanks for all the help