how to match base basket

Thewhite

What is the best way to trace and trim the base gasket to make it flush with the casing. My RZ350 cylinder and the case are now port and the gasket will restrict the flow a little bit on the transfert. I'm looking for any advise that can help me to not pass thru and removing to much gasket. My base gasket is made of .020'' sheet metal and it have a rubber finish. thanks

What is the best way to trace and trim the base gasket to make it flush with the casing. My RZ350 cylinder and the case are now port and the gasket will restrict the flow a little bit on the transfert. I'm looking for any advise that can help me to not pass thru and removing to much gasket. My base gasket is made of .020'' sheet metal and it have a rubber finish. thanks

Set them in place on the cylinders and lightly scribe what would be the cylinder side with a small angled dental pick. I cut mine with the die grinder using a fine toothed cutter then make sure you debur them good and I put a little yahamabond on them before assembly.