YZF450 +2 arms, J Frame,

Powerplant

New here... I've been soaking up as much as I can through the search function but I am left with questions.

I am considering buying a +2 YFZ450 front A-arm kit. I have a 88 J frame shee. I plan on fabbing up something to make the top arm work with this frame by either modifying the frame or making a D arm out of the upper A arm. I am not here for a J - A - D - V arm debate.... please read on....

My question.... is there such a thing as going too wide? I see the popular mod is the stock yfz conversion which already puts it wider than the original banshee but I am greedy and like the wide look and if I am thinking correctly a +2 yfz kit would be even wider than the stock yfz swap.

I will be riding trails and some tracks, is this too wide? I do plan on widening the rear out also with spacers.

I hope this makes sense.... it's been awhile since I was in the ATV world.

yes you can go to wide.. when going to wide if ur susp setup isnt right you will have big time speed leaning problems.front end wanting to wander..i mean the yfz450 a arms are already a plus 2 per side..so your looking at 4 inches wider in the front..ur looking at putting plus 2 yfz arms so thats 4 inches per side so 8 total over all.. its to wide if you get into tight trails and can suprise you and catch a rut and jerk the bars outta ur had no matter how hard your holding on... you could just cut the back j arm tab outta the way and fab up a a arm conversion kit that the right size for the yfz but imo its pointless to go that wide..just my .02 ..