clutch adjustment

Alex29573

hey guys just want to make sure if i understand this thing right....

When i pull my clutch lever in my atv still moves forward very slowly. I also noticed that its hard to put it in neutral b/c its as if i werent touching the clutch...

i cant get it right by adjusting the cable by the handlebar. My question is when i take the cover off, do i go clockwise or counterclockwise on the screw for the pressure plate?

hey guys just want to make sure if i understand this thing right....

When i pull my clutch lever in my atv still moves forward very slowly. I also noticed that its hard to put it in neutral b/c its as if i werent touching the clutch...

i cant get it right by adjusting the cable by the handlebar. My question is when i take the cover off, do i go clockwise or counterclockwise on the screw for the pressure plate?

i cant remember which way does what, but turn it one way and see if you have play in the clutch lever... if so, turn it the other way. cant really go wrong ya know....

First thing I would do is make sure your pressure plate is on correctly. It will go on 6 ways and only 1 of them work right. when I was replacing my clutch before teardown I had the same problem and thats what is was after you make sure thats fine, the clutch arm has a mark on it that lines up with a mark on the case, adjust it to make sure those line up then try your clutch. You may still have a little adjusting to do to get the play out of it but that should get you close.

First thing I would do is make sure your pressure plate is on correctly. It will go on 6 ways and only 1 of them work right. when I was replacing my clutch before teardown I had the same problem and thats what is was after you make sure thats fine, the clutch arm has a mark on it that lines up with a mark on the case, adjust it to make sure those line up then try your clutch. You may still have a little adjusting to do to get the play out of it but that should get you close.

the pressure plate has more than 1 arrow on it, and the inner hub has a couple of punched marks. i lined it up right though, i think you can do it like 3 ways out of 6..

guys can it be the clutch cable? this is the only thing that isnt new

i adjusted the clutch so that the arrows line up and it made the problem WORSE

I adjusted it the other way so that the lever was more to the stator side and saw that the clutch was going to slip really bad (as i was tightening the 6 springs). So then i adjusted it the other way a little, just so that it didnt slip. When i put everything back together - IT STILL CREEPS FORWARD!!!!!! it doesnt stop doing it even if i take out all the slack in the perch.. WTF??

i got a new basket, inner hub, pressure plate, yzf1000 clutch, pancake bearing, ball, rod, 10-40 castrol gtx oil

Edited by Alex29573

by creeping heres what i mean-

sometimes it will just stay there but its really hard to get it in neutral. Also, i know its trying to move forward because it wont roll back and im on an incline..

sometimes it will roll forward (maybe 1-2 mph)...

sometimes it will move slightly if i rev the shit out of it...