Engine Ice Water wetter

robert0762

Have used both in the last three months and neither one did what it claimed to do.I also ran straight water and the temps are the same all the way around. Impeller is good but it is stock

How are you measuring the temperature?

What was the temperature that you measured?

................If you do a search, these products have been reviewed before. They do work in engines and generally do what the claim within reason. If they do not, then you may have something wrong with your equipment or your measurement setup.

I have an inline temp gauge hooked up so I get a constant reading . even if it was not calibrated correctly it still should show a diff in temp. But i could have a diff problem but I doubt it. How can I check my rad for flow. If I dump water in the top it comes right out the bottom pretty quick so I dont think it is clogged up. If I am moving temp is around 190 if i start to slow down in tight trails it gets up to 210 pretty quick and today when I was blasting down the road 6 gear 3/4 throttle it actually climbed instead of dropped.190-210

I have an inline temp gauge hooked up so I get a constant reading . even if it was not calibrated correctly it still should show a diff in temp. But i could have a diff problem but I doubt it. How can I check my rad for flow. If I dump water in the top it comes right out the bottom pretty quick so I dont think it is clogged up. If I am moving temp is around 190 if i start to slow down in tight trails it gets up to 210 pretty quick and today when I was blasting down the road 6 gear 3/4 throttle it actually climbed instead of dropped.190-210

Those temp.'s aren't abnormal and is relatively normal for the cooling system. The thing is: All one of the products will do if you are inside the normal operating range of the system is to make heat transfer more efficient (i.e. will heat and cool faster). If you are outside of the normal operating range on the high side, it will allow the system to exchange more heat, faster.

I'm not sure if that makes sense..... Let me know if you would like an alternate explanation.

Does aluminum radiators help temps?

An OEM Banshee radiator is sufficient to support alot of horsepower if it is in good condition and the rest of the cooling system is up to the task.

To answer another question: 235 degrees F is about as hot as you will want to let an OEM'ish Banshee engine get before you run into trouble.

OK I was just a lil worried cause I have seen a lot of people on here saying there bike runs a lot cooler then 210. Also when it gets that hot I can feel the power drop off a bit

Temperature is directly related to jetting. I can't speak for anyone else's tuning work with regard to engine temp. There is such a thing as being improperly hot..... If you have good airflow through the radiator and you're cruising at 230 F, then that's not right..... Of course 160F in that situation is not correct either.

• 2 weeks later...

I am in the same boat as you.

Moving down the road, it cools OK. (180-190)

Get into the tight woods with hills, and I am screwed. It can hit 235 quick. and it doesn't necessarily boil over.

I have a trailtech, and I have seen peaks higher than that. I am seriously considering installing a fan.