Thinking about pulling the trigger

flyRTby

ill be making my way back to silver lake September 11th. And im really considering buying some pipes before i go.. The only mods i have to the engine = T.O.R.S is removed, and a billet water pump. The bike is stock. The only other mods ill do is either run pods, or a K & N with the lid removed, exhaust and piston and rings as necessary. Ive done a tone of research on here "the pipe explanation thread" and every pipe manufacturer web site... still torn on what to buy. Toomey T6's, FMF SST's, DMC alien or 916, PC's????

there are a few sets on e-bay toomey t-5's and fmf fattys.. this guy is local too..

Toomeys

FMF FATS

Edited by flyRTby

looking for the best bang for my buck really.. an all around pipe. i know anythings gonna be better than stock.. but id like a nice welll rounded bike. not one thats only top end or only bottom. my riding varies so thats why i'd like to stay versatile as possible. Dunes, Street, Trails. Thanks again.. i know this question is beat'n with a stick everyday.

IMO, go with the T5's. They worked great on my unported motor, now they work killer on my dune ported motor.

Untill 2 days ago when i sold them :biggrin:

You know you will get ported down the road and T5's respond KILLER to porting, cant go wrong with them.

I certainly cant tell you what is best because the only pipes ive run on a stock port motor other than stock was a 2 into 1 and T5's. didn't like the 2 into 1 really. The T5s run really nice. A properly tuned stock bike with T5s and a modded timing plate to get +4 timing will run beautifully. Really fun bike IMHO