Shift Shaft Problem.

Deaven

Hey! I am having a problem with my banshee in the form of it not shifting at all. so i took off my clutch cover my cluth assymbly and my shift shaft. i first noticed that the screw that holds my shift star on was totaly loose and bent at a 45 degree angle! :blink: so i will order that screw and washer bu i then saw my Shift shaft has a part on the end of the fork like piece that pivots. there is a spring on there but it is not.. how do i say it... it freely rotates it isnt "springing" any thing so i need any pics of your shiftshafts if possible. Thanks!

Here is a pic of mine when i had it out to mod it.

The lil spring is on, but i pulled the big spring off so i could modify the shift shaft in these pics.

Shiftshaftmod004.jpg

Shiftshaftmod002-1.jpg

Might as well mod your shift star AND your shift shaft too since there out . Takes 20-30 mins to do both. Simple yet very effective shift mods.

I also run the shift pro kit (roller bearing arm and lighter spring) All that shit makes it hella better.

Good day. :beer:

Edited by savage420

Here is a pic of mine when i had it out to mod it.

The lil spring is on, but i pulled the big spring off so i could modify the shift shaft in these pics.

Shiftshaftmod004.jpg

Shiftshaftmod002-1.jpg

Might as well mod your shift star AND your shift shaft too since there out . Takes 20-30 mins to do both. Simple yet very effective shift mods.

I also run the shift pro kit (roller bearing arm and lighter spring) All that shit makes it hella better.

Good day. :beer:

thanks! the spring on mine is broken. will i have to buy a whole new shift shaft or is it repairible?

thanks! the spring on mine is broken. will i have to buy a whole new shift shaft or is it repairible?

You will havte to buy the whole thing, I think FAST sells it already modded. Modify your shift star while your in there. ALSO, CHECK YOUR KICK IDLER GEAR, it's the small gear to the left of the clutch basket. If it wobbles on the shaft too much it will flip the snap ring off and send parts thruogh your other gears. You can buy just the bushing from several vendors.

You will havte to buy the whole thing, I think FAST sells it already modded. Modify your shift star while your in there. ALSO, CHECK YOUR KICK IDLER GEAR, it's the small gear to the left of the clutch basket. If it wobbles on the shaft too much it will flip the snap ring off and send parts thruogh your other gears. You can buy just the bushing from several vendors.

aw man... oh well gottad do do what you gotta do. ill check the idler gear all right! thanks fir the help!