will TM flat slides work?

will TM flatslide carbs from a snowmobile work on a banshee?

I have some spares for my arctic cats and they look like they will bolt up.

any one try these? waste of time? or just too big for the banshee.

I belive them to be 32mm carbs.

will TM flatslide carbs from a snowmobile work on a banshee?

I have some spares for my arctic cats and they look like they will bolt up.

any one try these? waste of time? or just too big for the banshee.

I belive them to be 32mm carbs.

They will work great. Ran plenty of the TMs on the shees without issues. I think the Keihin dial in a bit easier but that is about it.

B

any bigger than a 28mm, the intake boots will be really tight. they will fit though if you really mash em in there. I have TM 34mm`s on my quad with stock boots. the filters will also be larger on these than 26-28mm stock or tm carbs. If you want an easy proper fit, you can find the correct size boots. you will need a pretty thick reed spacer as well, or the bowl will hit your clutch actuating lever on that side. The spacers with raise the level of the carbs.

I run 28mm and we run some 30mm on the 7 mill 460cc bike. We also run the 28mm setup on a 4 mill. They work good, and I actually don't really recommend running over a 32mm set of carbs on a banshee. Thats unless its a full blown drag bike, ported with top end pipes. There are too many guys out there that over carburate dune ported banshees with cpi pipes on them. 32mm is a little large if your running pro circuits. Your also running a reed cage setup that cant be used to its full potential with those pipes.

sorry for the double post, i tried to edit but got some kind of error. any way, i think fuel pump carbs(from a sled) have a smaller inlet valve than a carb calibrated to run with a gravity feed system. if you put fuel pump carbs on a gravity system you are going to have fuel delivery probs at high rpm because of the smaller inlets. sudco may be able to set you up with bigger valves for your application. good luck!

Sorry, I should clarify that the inlet valve or needle and seat assembly come in a range of different sizes depending on the application.these sizes range from 1.5 to 3.5. Check a parts break down of a mikuni tm carb and it will list the different size needle and seat assembies available. Definately a good thing to check for if you are putting a set of sled carbs on a banshee. Also sled carbs have a richer starter/choke circuit than a carb calibrated for a bike, so you may have easier cold weather starts.