my modded 06 vs. stock 01

ok so i have an 06 with the 4 mil plus 5 stoker, 19cc domes, v force reeds and cages, full fmf exhaust, +4 timing, 20 inch rear tires, and 16/38 gearing. i raced a stock banshee yesterday on the asphalt and i never got more that a length ahead of him. Yes the other bike is bone stock except for 22in rear tires. i weigh maybe 40 pounds more than him but shouldnt i be pulling away more that just one to two lengths? we only ended up getting to fifth gear before we had to shut down though

ok so i have an 06 with the 4 mil plus 5 stoker, 19cc domes, v force reeds and cages, full fmf exhaust, +4 timing, 20 inch rear tires, and 16/38 gearing. i raced a stock banshee yesterday on the asphalt and i never got more that a length ahead of him. Yes the other bike is bone stock except for 22in rear tires. i weigh maybe 40 pounds more than him but shouldnt i be pulling away more that just one to two lengths? we only ended up getting to fifth gear before we had to shut down though

16/38 sprockets??? :blink: Where'd you come up with those #s? Believe me, ive tried many combos out there, of course racing against the same person, 300ft, 600ft, etc. First off, a 16 front is wayyy too big, the reason you are loosing is because yall are only racing a short distance. A 16 tooth front is made for top end (long 6th gear pulls). Another addition to your losses is your 38 tooth rear, which is also for topend. So you do the math, you have both sprockets on each side of the spectrum on one setup, OVERKILL, you should wash him by at least 5 bikes. My suggestion is to try either a 14front 41rear or a 15front 43rear. With those mods i think youll like the 15/43, and as i said before, just a suggestion, good luck :thumbsup:

i am a dumbass. thats the gearing i had for the dunes. jsut wanted to see what it tos and i never changed it back lol. thanks for helping me pull my head out of my ass :biggrin:

Lol, actually that would even be worse in sand, if you're drag racing of course. I found that gearing even higher for acceleration is beneficial in the sand. Its common physics, asphalt/dirt doesnt hook up as well as a big pile of sand, especially with some nice 10 paddle Extremes :evil: (for your ride specifically) Anyway, if I were u I would run the 15/43 for asphalt/dirt and maybe a 14/42 or 41 for the dunes. If you look at my sig, the 2000 which has similar mods as yours, i run 14/42 in the dunes and i absolutely love it. Now on the street I may run the 15/43 or the 14/41, w/e im in the mood for :cool:

would a 15/43 gearing set up be to low? i trail ride but i also need the speed. every always wants to drag race me since i have a banshee and i have a reputation to look out for lol. i guess gearing slection just isnt my cup of tea. oh well, thats what you fine people are here for :beer: