Some high compression

So what i would like to know because you guys obviously are deep into this. What is the best way to figure fuel octane requirements. Everybody on here always talks about kicking compression but as has already been stated, that can drastically change based on port heights. it doesn't make sense to me that kicking compression is the best way. Is uncorrected compression ratio what you use?

bore - 70 mm

stroke - 70 mm

rod - 125 mm

exh opens at 104 deg atdc

eng speed - 5000 revs/min

trapped compression ratio 7.0

squish area ratio 0.5 (i.e 50%)

squish clearance - 1.2 mm

If you could throw a screen dump of output in your post would be much appreciated.

forgot to say, that the exh port opening in deg or mm, must be ATDC and minus the deck height. also what is the deck height? give me the deck height and the dimension in mm from the cylinder deck to the exh port roof, and i will do the math/rest of it. i'm @ work right now, but when i get home i'll run your figures.

bore - 70 mm

stroke - 70 mm

rod - 125 mm

exh opens at 104 deg atdc

eng speed - 5000 revs/min

trapped compression ratio 7.0

squish area ratio 0.5 (i.e 50%)

squish clearance - 1.2 mm

If you could throw a screen dump of output in your post would be much appreciated.

forgot to say, that the exh port opening in deg or mm, must be ATDC and minus the deck height. also what is the deck height? give me the deck height and the dimension in mm from the cylinder deck to the exh port roof, and i will do the math/rest of it. i'm @ work right now, but when i get home i'll run your figures.

No problem. I assumed the exhaust port data needed to be ATDC hence I have quoted it that way (104 deg atdc). Therefore deckheight has already been accounted for. Should the programme require deckheight for onscreen drawing sure just put in zero.

i'm assuming the head type is "central".....meaning the spark plug is directly in the center of the head??

if so, max squish velocity is 20.9 MSV and that is produced @ 10 deg BTDC.

i didn't even see right away that you had said ATDC for 104 deg. i've just been in a daze today. also, i can't get the computer screen to post up....sorry.

Edited by mopar1rules

• 11 years later...