need setup advice

POORBOY350

Well im no expert but what i found out that u should take is

1. two different types of tires. ( one for dry and rough dirt) ( one for wet and nasty dirt)

2 GAS

3Helmet

4. Tire guage and air tank

(a small one)

5 COoler for of goodies.

ha ha beer and drag racing dont really mix with me lol. but i mainly wanna know from somebody who's had experience setting up a cub for racing what a ''good'' setup would be or and straight up ''bad ass'' setup. just what works well together.

180 lb rider in 300 feet you want to leave in 2nd and cross the traps in 5th with 5th wound out.

I understand you don't have the dough for an override....but it's the next mod.

A 421 cub with a lockup and no override, you're just begging to get beat on a drag strip by much smaller and slower bikes because of not being able to shift.

Been there, done that.

PM me when you're ready for an override. Short of finding a used/beat up one, I've got the best prices on a freshly cut dunable override...right up your alley.

Depending on paddle, you'll end up with a 16/46 or a 15/42 or 53.

I run 16/45 on my 10 mil cub on alky. It's perfect for my rider weight and setup. I got more weight on you, but I got a little more motor too.

dragbanshee98...I can understand your reasoning due to class rules, etc.

I can promise you in your instance around here, you'd get beat by smaller bikes with less motors that have a full on override.

You simply can not shift a bike as fast or efficiently if you don't have an override, I don't care if you cut dogs, get a star, shift pro kit or a yakkey shift drum with roller bearing.

It is impossible!

180 lb rider in 300 feet you want to leave in 2nd and cross the traps in 5th with 5th wound out.

I understand you don't have the dough for an override....but it's the next mod.

A 421 cub with a lockup and no override, you're just begging to get beat on a drag strip by much smaller and slower bikes because of not being able to shift.

Been there, done that.

PM me when you're ready for an override. Short of finding a used/beat up one, I've got the best prices on a freshly cut dunable override...right up your alley.

your right and i will if i ever get the doe up to get one. id love one! and it is hell on some clutches man. i just ordered new clutches they fell apart when i puller them out. new clutch cable is already feellin stiff.

but how much would a good cheap one run. i have heard yo uhad the best price. could i put it in myself with some instructions of course im pretty mechanically inclined i'd say lol.

If you can follow a clymers manual, you can put in a transmission.

I will buy nothing but the clutch kit from Jeff @ FAST. I've tried others, his works, and has done me well.

I'm to a point that some things I will try to improve on, some things just work and why ruin a good thing.

I'm a believer in Jeff's clutch, period. It's all I'll run.

I'll PM you details on the override.

dragbanshee98...I can understand your reasoning due to class rules, etc.

I can promise you in your instance around here, you'd get beat by smaller bikes with less motors that have a full on override.

You simply can not shift a bike as fast or efficiently if you don't have an override, I don't care if you cut dogs, get a star, shift pro kit or a yakkey shift drum with roller bearing.

It is impossible!

i think you're are full of it a lot of times but, i have to agree with you on that 100%... :teehee:

i have seen a stock port banshee with an override kick some butt.

but how much would a good cheap one run. i have heard yo uhad the best price. could i put it in myself with some instructions of course im pretty mechanically inclined i'd say lol.

i got my override from dave's buddy, evan is it?

works well. not hard to install at all.

When I went to Bobs, and just started racing, my 4 mil cub with suspension (marvins) 6 over arm and 10 paddle haulers, stock tranny, Jeff's clutch.....would go neck and with a ported 350 with a lockup and override. My friend Don H. and I had some great races...we'd always be within a tenth of each other at the end.

That little bike still moves for what it is....but that override would've saved me 2 tenths easily....

If you can follow a clymers manual, you can put in a transmission.

I will buy nothing but the clutch kit from Jeff @ FAST. I've tried others, his works, and has done me well.

I'm to a point that some things I will try to improve on, some things just work and why ruin a good thing.

I'm a believer in Jeff's clutch, period. It's all I'll run.

I'll PM you details on the override.

man thats what hillarious told me i called jeff he is closed til july 7th i believe so had to get one elsewhere. are you talking about springs, fibers, and steels? how much is jeff's?

When I went to Bobs, and just started racing, my 4 mil cub with suspension (marvins) 6 over arm and 10 paddle haulers, stock tranny, Jeff's clutch.....would go neck and with a ported 350 with a lockup and override. My friend Don H. and I had some great races...we'd always be within a tenth of each other at the end.

That little bike still moves for what it is....but that override would've saved me 2 tenths easily....

im not sure im ready to make the step to marvins. i like to do a lil dunin to ya know. i think id be a whole lot happier with some haulers and a +6 or 8 swinger. then the override. and im sure i could do it. if i cant thats what you guys are for right ha ha jj

i think you're are full of it a lot of times but, i have to agree with you on that 100%... :teehee:

i have seen a stock port banshee with an override kick some butt.

i got my override from dave's buddy, evan is it?

works well. not hard to install at all.

im sure i could do it just have to be saving up i recon. i just never broke the cases apart on a shee before. it will be a min before i do it anyway. gonaa get stretched, paddled, then prob override and a good dang tunin! then maybe some marvins.

thing is i could trade all my suspension and swinger and tires for what i need cause its worth prob about the same. so if anyone has any of that they wanna do some tradin on or just have let me know. thanks for the imput guys its nice talking to ppl who know what the hell they talking bout. ill be saving and ill holler at you when i do get ready daj....

so what about timing?(+5 now), octane? (could save money runnning 100oct), what length swing? what tires?(for sand drags) what carbs?(got 35pwk's), my gearin will be 16/40 im 185lb 4mil cub(68mm pro lites)... not sure what radiator but its aftermarket(has inline cooler on it)... thanks.

and when you tell me that... how do i keep it together the longest i can? and what kind of hp would i be looking at?(around?)...

chassis and suspension will have to wait. frame powder coated metalic black looks to good for me to cut on but it will happen. and i know i need an override but it gotta wait to. thanks.

lookin for swinger and paddles now...

so would it be worth it to get an override or just do without the lockout?

how much would i benefit from getting suspension(marvins)?

what would i gain or lose from goin with marvins and all? i mean i have nice suspension on it now...rear elka, from ishocks, + a arms, swingarm + or -2...

or what would be the best route to go with it? override, +8(?) swinger, paddles, and marvin suspension? or what? i wanna get it setup where it is puttin down the best power it can..., with out having to just completely change everything. but then again i do want a drag bike that is gonna be some serious competition, so im willing to get the override and shaw suzpensiion and damn drag pipes if i get into enough... i really wanna know what i will gain from all this and is it worth it?

pointers are great lol :ermm: :blush: