dome question..

ok well i baught a used vitos hemi head off of hq... and it came with 19cc domes but then i baught some 20cc domes but they are for a pro design cool head.. the fit in good.. i just cant get the orings from the 19cc to fit the 20cc. do i have to but vito domes or can i use the cool head 20cc domes. or can i buy the pro design o ring kit . just for the domes ???

what I do to keep the O rings in is use a can of spray adhesive you can get it at any auto parts store as long as the domes are for the same bore size not big bore domes I would use them just clean the surfaces of the dome and oring spray the oring let it sit 5-10 minutes and stick it in works great also I have used both domes in that head and they are the same if the hemi head isnt cut for the pro domes grind off one of the holding tabs

Edited by Darthwall

ok thanks bro... how can you tell different between a big bore and small bore???

what I do to keep the O rings in is use a can of spray adhesive you can get it at any auto parts store as long as the domes are for the same bore size not big bore domes I would use them just clean the surfaces of the dome and oring spray the oring let it sit 5-10 minutes and stick it in works great also I have used both domes in that head and they are the same if the hemi head isnt cut for the pro domes grind off one of the holding tabs

ok thanks bro... how can you tell different between a big bore and small bore???

with the small bore the inside of the dome shouldnt be more than 66mm with the big bore they should be I think 66.50mm up to like 68 if you post a pic up im sure I can tell

ok ill post up pics tomorrow .. but my piston bore is a 66.50 so does that mean i need big bore ..??? i thought ii still had a small bore?

with the small bore the inside of the dome shouldnt be more than 66mm with the big bore they should be I think 66.50mm up to like 68 if you post a pic up im sure I can tell

that is a tough one if you have a micrometer take it to the insides of the domes you have and see what it measures out or just see if the tops of the pistons fit onside the cuts of the dome if they do I wouldnt worry too much if not dlnoss on here can hook you up

Edited by Darthwall

i think they might fit because im useing a stock head .. but i had it milled by trinity... but i think it might work...

that is a tough one if you have a micrometer take it to the insides of the domes you have and see what it measures out or just see if the tops of the pistons fit onside the cuts of the dome if they do I wouldnt worry too much if not dlnoss on here can hook you up

I am going to pirate this post as I have a simiar doubt. I have a Hemi Head with 20 CC domes from Pro Design. The original domes from Hemi came with an O ring on the dome at the top close to the spark plug neck. The Pro Design domes do not have the same O ring grove. Where do you install the o ring on the domes? Does anyone have a pic of the head where all the rings go? It would be great to eliminate any doubts. Thanks.