American star (ASR) and NOSS

Burt Reynolds

Well i have spent some time on the phone with both these guys lately and they are awesome people to deal with.

NOSS::: The engine kit i bought(not from noss) came with a vitos head,but the domes i got with it were messed up.

So i needed to buy stroker domes. Vitos actualy told me they couldnt cut the domes but they would sell me standard domes,and to call noss about cutting them. So after spending time on the phone with the guy from Noss he was so cool I just decided to sell the vito's head and buy a Noss head.

Seems like usualy people at businesses just want to know what you wanna buy,so they can get off the phone. Dave (i think thats his name) spent about 30 minutes with me on the phone talking about set up and explaining to me how to properly check out my deck height. He just went above and beyond what im used to on the phone with these people. I will never deal with anyone else for head stuff.

ASR::: Always super nice,always super helpful. Always makes sure your happy with your order.

I needed to have my spindles reemed to work with my new oversized ball joints on my denton j arms,and i called ASR to see if there was any other option. Well they actualy sell custom ball joints,that have a 16mm thread for the denton arms,but have a standard yamaha taper for the ball joints.

SO i got 4 ball joints to fix my setup,and ended up spending less on 4 ball joints than i would have spent on buying the proper reamer lol!

I also have a set of their +2 chromoly a-arms,and we are extremely happy with them. I Used to own a set of thier super heavy duty tie rods too. And when one of the tie rods bent in a bad crash,that was totaly my fault,ASR sent me a new tie rod for free no questions asked.

These days it seems like the good people are even fewer and farther in between. I will go to noss and asr whenever i can from now on.

Edited by Burt Reynolds

Dave is a super cool guy!!! He helped me get a set of domes for my bro's cub and was VERY prompt with them and even shipped them to my campground!! lol

I'm waiting for Dave to get the DM heads going and I'll buy one!

Didn't know he was gonna make a DM head, is it gonna be like the Cheetah ones that are seperate or a single piece? Those should sell damn good.

sorry, i have to reply to this. ASR sucks. they are really nice before the sale and after if everything is working ok. But if you have a problem, they totally blow. I will never buy anything from them and will go out of my way to make sure nobody else does either. I bought from them because when i was new here, a lot of guys were talking them up. Well after i had my problems and voiced them it seemed like everybody came out of the woodwork talking about probs they had had with them. I dont want that to happen to anybody else. FUCK ASR and the hole they crawled out of. :down::down::down::down::down: