Need Carb Rebuild/Jet advice

Hello Gang,

I've just finished rebuilding the lower end and have put the pistons and cylinders back on my '97 Banshee. The thing originally shredded a pushrod bearing on the crank and gouged the cylinders pretty bad so they've been bored out to 65. There is a Pro Design Cool Head with 22 cm domes going back on the head. While I'm waiting for the gasket set for the Cool Head, I want to rebuild the stock carbs - this project has taken over a year (maybe two) and I'm concerned about them sitting that long.

1) Can anyone recommend where I should get a rebuild kit for the carbs or should I just buy parts?

Part suggestions are welcome.

2) I live on the east coast only 900' above sea level, any suggestions for jet size on the carbs?

3) what octane and fuel-oil mix should I use?

Thanks All

Cool heads use o-rings not gaskets so if you ordered a gasket set for your cool head you wont find it very useful. The carbs should be fine just pull them apart and clean them, as far as jet size we need to know your mods to give you a ball park and even then you will have to do plug chops to get the perfect jetting. As far as the fuel, it will depend on your compression with 22cc domes and 900 feet your should be fine on pump gas, but once you run it through a few heat cycles check your compression. As far as ratio it all depends, some guys run 40:1 some run 32:1 either of those or in between are fine. Make sure you use a good quality 2stroke oil... Castor 927, Yamalube are good there are also a few others. Some guys like to use like Amsoil and run 50:1 but I havn't heard any builders say to do that, and I wouldn't trust it.