dodge ram trouble

bansheebarnes

ive had a 1994 dodge ram short box reg cab for over a year now. it is a automatic trans. with 4x4. the engine is a 5.9 or 360ci. its fuel injected. the truck itself has 228k miles on it. but in surprisingly good shape. the transmission was replaced at 130k.

when i bought the truck it had the problem....we put a new fuel pump in it ( it was going out) and we hoped this would solve it...but it didnt and i have been living with it for a year.

the problem: when i let off of the gas the rpm's dive down very low, and sometimes dies. i discovered when i rev the gas quick it goes back to idle smooth. at highway speeds the problem is not noticeable because you're going fast the engine doesn't go back to idle. i can live with it just having to rev it when going really slow. but for parallel parking i always think im going to hit a car. and due to the fact i have duel cherry bomb exhaust i look like a douche bag revving my engine every time i go slow in town (tight traffic).

what could be casuing the rpms to drop like that? but not do it when i let of the trottle fast.

any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

I have a 99 ram 1500 with a 360. When i bought my truck it was doing the same thing it wouldn't stay running unless i was on the gas. I thought it was something major. I went to walmart and bought a new battery and i haven't had a problem since.

Trust me and get a good battery!!! you'll be surprized

Edited by assbandit