Just a question bout two different motors...

Say you have two different motors, and the only thing that is the same is the cc, or whatever for instance...and lets say these two motors are each jetted PERFECTLY, with same size carbs...

say one of the engines has 170 mains, and 58 pilots

the other engine has 160 mains and 50 pilots

can and engine with smaller mains and pilots make more h.p. than the engine with larger jets????

Im saying that these two motors are jetted perfectly, or say these two motors have there highest h.p. rating with these jets...

Now since there jetted perfectly, wouldnt the engine requiring more fuel make more h.p.??

or can an engine requiring less fuel make more h.p.?? than the one requiring more fuel...

Motors with longer strokes require smaller jets, because the longer stroke sucks more fuel through a smaller hole. I know, you're referring to lt1bird's posts in your other thread. His takes smaller jets than yours, because he has a 10mil crank, and you have a 4mil crank. His longer stroke creates more vacuum to pull more fuel through that small hole. Even though he's got smaller jets, believe me, he's sucking way more fuel through them than you are through your bigger ones. Don't judge a motor's horsepower by it's jetting. Doesn't work that way.

Im saying that these two motors are jetted perfectly, or say these two motors have there highest h.p. rating with these jets...

Now since there jetted perfectly, wouldnt the engine requiring more fuel make more h.p.??

or can an engine requiring less fuel make more h.p.?? than the one requiring more fuel...

I was raised around race cars with the concept of more fuel + more air = more power. It took me along time to grasp the idea with 2 strokes that just beacuse you run a bigger jet, it doesn't nessaricly mean that your motor is seeing more fuel because alot of it has to do with velocity. I have seen the same carbs put on smaller motors with less hp and actually have to go up in jet sizes.

So your answer is No. Just beacause it has a bigger jet doesn't mean it is making more HP.