Where do i start

:nuke: Irecently have bought a 2003 banshee with i bad crack i had bouht a oem crack (wisco), and had the jugs bored to .60 i believe the only real mods on the bike is the cool head with 21cc domes and the crome t5 toomeys i guees that am getting bored with it and would like more power and torque where do i start.

If you want "bang for the buck".....bump the timing up to +4, and gear it for your type of riding.

Me.....I would go with the Porting like GrM said as well as the +4. They all compliment each other

where do you recommand port work, can you do it your self how much is it how long does it take, will stage three v force reeds open up my power band.

where do you recommand port work, can you do it your self how much is it how long does it take, will stage three v force reeds open up my power band.

There are alot of top notch builders that are site sponsors here on the HQ.

I sent my cylinders to Kevin @ HJR (also a site sponsor) for an agressive dune port.

My motor flat out rips...

As far as cost,your looking at 300.00 to 400.00 for a quality port job.

As far as turnaround time....I havent seen anyone that can beat Kevins turnaround time.

I sent him my cylinders,3 weeks to the day I had them back at my door.

Dan

i would recmmend kevin @herrjugsracing (link in sig) for port work. you COULD do it yourself......which is what i though about before i went with kevin, and found that the more research i did the less i wanted to attempt porting it myself. the skill it takes to be good at it is ridiculous :notworthy:.

other things to up the power a little are advancing the timing as suggested, along with smaller cc domes ( both timing and dome size can increase or decrease compression resulting in more or less bottom end power) and new reeds. v force 3's are a good choice but can be a bit pricey, i've seen a lot of people running boysen reeds that seem to be pretty pleased with the results.

hope this helps! :thumbsup:

V3 Reeds will bring the most out of your Port work. They do not do much on a stock jug, maybe a little better throttle response.

Most good builders will port your bike according to what you already have or the set-up you will be running. This is so you get optimal performance out of your mods. They do not just cookie cutter it. Kevin from HJR, and Jeff from FAST are the ones you will hear about the most on here. I have dealt with both, and both are very trust worthy and great people to deal with.

I got my Dune port from HJR, the difference in the motor is un-explainable. Night and Day. I have white knuckle syndrome in fear of dislocating my arms. I got his Dune port for around 300 plus shipping. Had it back to me in 2 weeks.

As far as porting there are many good builders out there, Jeff at F.A.S.T., Kevin at Herr Jugs Racing, and there are a few others, the guy I use is Brandon at Wildcard Racing (Slobanshee06), he does awsome work, his turn around time is about the same as Kevins and just like Kevin and Jeff he has great customer service and will help you out even if your not buying anything from them and long after they've completed the work for you. Best thing to do is to contact a bunch of builders and see who your comfotable with. with the reeds, I've found that porting the reeds and running some Boyesen Dual stage carbon tech, or Vito's 2-stage carbon tech petals work as well as the VF3's depending on application, the VF3's are a top end mod anyways so unless your dragging or doing dunes with some dragging I dont believe its a good way to spend your money, but that's my opinion everyone's will be different

As far as porting there are many good builders out there, Jeff at F.A.S.T., Kevin at Herr Jugs Racing, and there are a few others, the guy I use is Brandon at Wildcard Racing (Slobanshee06), he does awsome work, his turn around time is about the same as Kevins and just like Kevin and Jeff he has great customer service and will help you out even if your not buying anything from them and long after they've completed the work for you. Best thing to do is to contact a bunch of builders and see who your comfotable with. with the reeds, I've found that porting the reeds and running some Boyesen Dual stage carbon tech, or Vito's 2-stage carbon tech petals work as well as the VF3's depending on application, the VF3's are a top end mod anyways so unless your dragging or doing dunes with some dragging I dont believe its a good way to spend your money, but that's my opinion everyone's will be different

x2 on the porting! :thumbsup: