painting chrome pipes

SLORYDER

Hey I'm going for a sleeper look on my new build and I have a set of chrome Paul turner hi rev pipes I want to paint black.. I plan on using hi temp brake or some other hi temp paint but I'm wondering what's the best way to prep the chrome surface?

Thanks

Hey I'm going for a sleeper look on my new build and I have a set of chrome Paul turner hi rev pipes I want to paint black.. I plan on using hi temp brake or some other hi temp paint but I'm wondering what's the best way to prep the chrome surface?

Thanks

I would go with a hi-temp powder coat! :thumbsup:

I dont know anything about painting pipes, but I sent my hi revs to Nitrotate on here and he media blasted them and High temp powder coated them for cheap.

You should pm him and see what he can do for you, its not as bad as you think it is.

best way to do it is sand plast them, then use some VHT it stands for very high temp. but the product is called VHT you can find it at auto parts stores... it works great. but if you dont have access to a sand blaster then probably sand them real well with some 220 grit

ive had some luck with barbecue paing. id hate to go sanding on chrome pipes but since their yours i guess just sand the piss outta them and get them good and clean before painting

Yeah well the chrome isn't perfect, to say the least.

waste of time if you ask me. The Paul turner hi rev are like no other pipe on the market and they stick out like a sore thumb so no matter what you do to them there is really no sleeper look.

In my mind they look closer than anything to stock pipes (from a glance) but maybe that's me I don't remember exactly what they look like..