Florance Dunes... Curfew?

I was reading this here:

http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_oregon_florence.htm

We are thinking of going this summer and was wondering what that 10pm curfew means?

We usually go to Sand Lake and people are riding all night there. We usually camp out in the dunes though.

Is florance the same way? Can you camp out in the dunes or do you have to be in the campsites? Is the curfew for the campsites or something?

Thanks in advance.

I was reading this here:

http://www.duneguide.com/sand_dune_guide_oregon_florence.htm

We are thinking of going this summer and was wondering what that 10pm curfew means?

We usually go to Sand Lake and people are riding all night there. We usually camp out in the dunes though.

Is florance the same way? Can you camp out in the dunes or do you have to be in the campsites? Is the curfew for the campsites or something?

Thanks in advance.

you can camp out in the dunes but only in designated sites that need to be reserved. the 10pm curfew means no riding after 10pm. also, if you camp out in the sand then you cant drink any alcoholic beverages. great place to go though as far as dunes and riding go.

i know at winchester bay there is no curfew when sand camping which is also a great place to go riding with lots of tall dunes and great tree shots. if you camp at winchester in a camp ground there is still no riding curfew but you cant operate any atv's past like 11:00 i think in the campground its self.

Ok well scrap that place then! We like to ride at night most nights as part of our fun.

Can you do that at Winchester Bay?

I notice it says that the beach is closed to OHV yearound. Whats that mean? No wet sand to drag on?

I just don't want to make the 10 hour drive for nothing.

Also does anyone know about reserving spaces on the dunes for camping? Who do I call?

Also is there some place close to Winchester Bay to get a new OHV permit? Mine is expired.

Thanks!!

Ok well scrap that place then! We like to ride at night most nights as part of our fun.

Can you do that at Winchester Bay?

I notice it says that the beach is closed to OHV yearound. Whats that mean? No wet sand to drag on?

Thanks!!

there is no curfew for riding at winchester unless you camp in a campground. if you camp in a campground then you will need to push your bike to the dune entrance to ride and when you get back to the campground you need to shut the bike off and push it back to your campsite when you ride after the curfew.

not sure if winchester beach access is closed or not but there is a speed limit on the oregon coast anyways so no beach sand drags either way. there are plenty of places to drag besides the beach though.

there is no curfew for riding at winchester unless you camp in a campground. if you camp in a campground then you will need to push your bike to the dune entrance to ride and when you get back to the campground you need to shut the bike off and push it back to your campsite when you ride after the curfew.

That exactly what we do if we come back later then 10 pm we just push our quads from the beginning of the pavement at discovery point. We rent the cabin right next to dune country atv so its only a 3 second push then coast down the lil hill to our door.

4wheeling, its worth the drive down from BC bro, make sure you hit up coos bay and Florence as well though. Its a great time had by all. :thumbsup:

We hit up sandfest at coos last year, but are going to hit up dune fest at windy bay this year. :beer:

Yes its a far drive from BC man, trust me its longer for me from the interior but it's worth it.

From what i herd you can't ride all night at sand lake any more there is a curfew there too. Florence, Winchester and Coos bay are all worth the drive. at florence you can ride all day long and not see the same areas if you wanted. Giving up riding all night is a little sacrifice to give up. i don't mind because i am usually hammered and passed out so i can wake up early and start riding the next morning.