Paddles on dune/play drag bike...

sredish

bike will have (within a week or two) passion dune ported cylinders, PT hi revs, raised compression and reeds, adv. timing; otherwise stock. Swinger is stock as well.

Found a really nice set of 21x12x8 superlight Hauler 7 paddle Extremes... thinking of picking them up to use as my dune and play drag tires. They should hook good enough but still provide enough slip to not throw me over and let me keep my revs when duning....

thoughts?

I have some 8 paddle dune hoppers. They were just right for me when i was close to the same mods. They spun just right with the stock swinger and me(155lbs). They are not buffed or anything but they are for sale. tires and rims for about what yould pay for one Hauler.

• 2 weeks later...

7 8 9 10 paddle all work well. if the bike wont "turn" buy front tires witht he ribs on them.. i HATE angled paddles the rear floats arouond and the "turn" wayyy to easy.. o sand stars are a great inbetween tire. good straight line traction and good overall turnability. if your not looking to spend a lot i say sand stars. 10" or 8 " i think they might have 9's also??

those paddles will be fine... great actually. dont worry about turning, you will turn fine. your bike length isnt long enough to worry about that. if this is going to be your _____/drag bike, you are going to want the straight paddles, not the "V" style anyway. plus the 7 paddle extremes would be comparable to the 8 paddle haulers, but i could be wrong....

Edited by tapout94

sand stars are way too heavy. i'm for the super light drag type straight paddles... and i use shark fin fronts... the multi-rib; good turn but not grabby.

thats true, i have sandstars on some douglas .190's. When i took the tires off to clean up the beads (slow leak) i relized how light the wheels are and how heavy the tires are. They are heavy but they hook well. I think the 7 paddle extremes would do a fine job if there priced right but if i were to buy new i would buy a 8or9 paddle.

thats true, i have sandstars on some douglas .190's. When i took the tires off to clean up the beads (slow leak) i relized how light the wheels are and how heavy the tires are. They are heavy but they hook well. I think the 7 paddle extremes would do a fine job if there priced right but if i were to buy new i would buy a 8or9 paddle.

For comparo, my 21x12x8 Padla Brats comp cut on 8x8 .125 rims weigh 9.5 lbs; the 21x11x9 Sand Stars I had mounted on .125 wheels weighed in just over 15 lbs, so all that extra weight on the back end; no thanks. These Ultra Light Haulers coming should weigh in around 10 to 10.5 lbs. You absolutely can not beat Padla Brats, in weight and in performance.

• 4 weeks later...

just wanted to follow up. the 7 paddles worked great. front end was very light, probably couldn't have handled much more w/o a swingarm. bike handled them fine and could use more paddle, some 9s would really work well. I also wonder about some 22" 8 paddles instead of 21" 9 paddles.... but with the stock swingarm, i don't think any more paddle than 8 extremes would be doable.

i was considering a +2 or maybe a +4 swinger and some 8 or 9 paddles, but i like to trail the bike to, so not sure if a +4 is beneficial to me and not sure how much faster the bike will be with a+2 or +4 and 8 or 9 paddles.... or whether to stay at 21" or move to 22"? anyone care to advise me on that?